Lindsay89

Lindsay89

1 hour ago, Lindsay89 said:

First time at Kendal. Looking for any tips/ tricks/ advice! Place seems massive compared to festivals I’ve been to, so don’t want to miss anything great! Also where is best to camp? We like a good drink but won’t be partying until 3am! Any info is appreciated!

I'd say get yourself pitched in Great Plains, which is anywhere in front of you just to your right or left as you go in. Nice distance from the arena but not too chaotic.

It's not crazily big, but a good idea would be to do a lap of the place first time you go in on Friday, as you can circle round the place to get a good lay of the land, with the main stage being at the centre of the thing. Maybe stick to your left as you go in, past Chai Wallahs, to the real ale bar, or the wines of Argentina bar, whatever takes your fancy, grab a drink, then double back on yourself, go uphill, into the woods, all the way round, back down the slope on the other side, then eventually through to see whoever happens to be on the main stage!

So that's the pink line on this map, if that sounds a good idea, all the while popping to any venue, or bar, that seems interesting! You'll soon get a hang of the place. One of the more unique things is that the Tim Peaks venue is a permanent structure, a deer shed for the deer farm! It can be a place early on to chill out, feel a bit civilised and get a nice coffee, or somewhere to dance on the chairs to later on!

image.thumb.png.71727dcff8c57ba7985d810f539d064e.png

9 hours ago, Simpo said:

I'd say get yourself pitched in Great Plains, which is anywhere in front of you just to your right or left as you go in. Nice distance from the arena but not too chaotic.

It's not crazily big, but a good idea would be to do a lap of the place first time you go in on Friday, as you can circle round the place to get a good lay of the land, with the main stage being at the centre of the thing. Maybe stick to your left as you go in, past Chai Wallahs, to the real ale bar, or the wines of Argentina bar, whatever takes your fancy, grab a drink, then double back on yourself, go uphill, into the woods, all the way round, back down the slope on the other side, then eventually through to see whoever happens to be on the main stage!

So that's the pink line on this map, if that sounds a good idea, all the while popping to any venue, or bar, that seems interesting! You'll soon get a hang of the place. One of the more unique things is that the Tim Peaks venue is a permanent structure, a deer shed for the deer farm! It can be a place early on to chill out, feel a bit civilised and get a nice coffee, or somewhere to dance on the chairs to later on!

image.thumb.png.71727dcff8c57ba7985d810f539d064e.png

Amazing! So helpful :) We got a bit confused with the different camping areas, i assume Great Plains is included in the basic camping ticket? 

1 hour ago, Lindsay89 said:

Amazing! So helpful :) We got a bit confused with the different camping areas, i assume Great Plains is included in the basic camping ticket? 

Whoops, I meant Great Holmes!

As above, I'd say Great Holmes is best to go, although when I was in normal camping a couple years back it was quite full by 12:00 Thursday, so if you haven't got a Thursday ticket you might struggle to find a spot there. I would definitely stay clear from Wolf Woods though (Nearest to the arena).

I'd recommend trying some of the real ale tent drinks rather than the main bars, they tend to be a bit cheaper and it's not all ale.

Woodlands is always good to have a look through, best time is usually if there's a headliner you're not particularly bothered about as it's quieter.

• Upvote 1