Alternative camping options

gooner1990

hi all,

another great Glastonbury this year! :)

however my group are now starting to approach that age where standard camping is becoming a bit of a struggle,  the amount of time off work  and after 20 years of regular camping some are starting to think of alternatives to make life a bit easier whilst at the festival (i.e not having to arrive at 6am weds just to get a decent pitch)

Worthy View we know all about as we know someone who does it each year, but we don't want to miss out on being in the centre of the festival, so people are thinking of hiring a tipi.

Does anyone have any first hand information on doing this?  Does it cover all needs? Is it worth it? Are there any cons to doing it (Bar paying extra!) 

Hoping some folk on here can give me an insight to it if we are successful for tickets for 2020 :)

A housemate of mine did it a few years ago and had a WONDERFUL time. Expensive IIRC, but lots of space, good toilets (showers around IIRC?) and no putting up and down, obviously.

Would recommend it, but you'll need a few to make it worthwhile.

4 minutes ago, Magma said:

A housemate of mine did it a few years ago and had a WONDERFUL time. Expensive IIRC, but lots of space, good toilets (showers around IIRC?) and no putting up and down, obviously.

Would recommend it, but you'll need a few to make it worthwhile.

Yeh I know it can handle 6 people but i'm wondering if 3-4 would be enough and the only other thing I guess is that everyone is in the same space rather than having their own private areas like you have in normal camping!

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I know it can handle 6 people but i'm wondering if 3-4 would be enough and the only other thing I guess is that everyone is in the same space rather than having their own private areas like you have in normal camping!

Yeah, got to be cool sharing the tepee space with your mates... not the best plan if you're someone that needs a bit of solitude for a few hours every now and again (me!)

There's also Love Fields and Tangerine Fields and a few others that are fairly close to Ped Gate B/C. Little bit of a hill to walk up but don't think it's as steep as WV.... more expensive though IIRC (I haven't stayed in any of these btw so can't recommend)