Spare a thought....

seantizz

There are some right nasty, sociopathic people out there right??

Back last year, on ticket day, a friend of mine was initially unsuccessful but then was approached (on Facebook) by a distant 'friend' who said that she lived locally, always got allocated a number of tickets and would be willing to pass them on. Delighted, my friend then contacted three others to say that they were being helped out and that their disappointment at not getting a ticket was short-lived.

Conversations with the 'local' continued. No money was exchanged with the 'local' seemingly wanting to come across as beyond generous. The local openly posted on my friend's FB page, loving the glory she was getting in helping four of them out. Everything was going great so camper-van tickets and car park tickets were secured. Train journeys were booked from Scotland.

In April, the local sent my friend an E-mail saying that she's fully paid for the tickets but wanted no money from the group until the names on the tickets were transferred. Seemed reasonable if a little odd.

This group of four discovered yesterday, after a fair but of chasing, that the tickets probably never existed. The local is still spinning lies, saying that the tickets were delivered to a previous address and desperately trying to cover tracks. On the one hand, the local apologises and on the other can't divert from her ridiculous story.

I'm lucky to have only been scratched by this. I was due to travel down tomorrow with one of the ticket holders and so it's been a bit of a mad scramble to make alternative plans. But at least I have my ticket. These guys are distraught, gutted to have fallen for such nonsense but happy, at least, that no money exchanged hands. 

I'm still in shock that people can behave in such a way to others. See you all (hopefully) at the eFestivals meet tomorrow where a little bit of my faith in humanity will no doubt be restored.

Sean

That's awful, it's one thing losing your ticket on the way or in the build up, but it must be so much worse to have one taken away like that because of someone else spinning lies. Just goes to show that if it seems too good to be true, it must be. Sadly I think your friends should have had the tickets 100 per cent confirmed and in hand before making travel arrangements, but that's probably the last thing you want to hear right now. I hope you still manage to have a good festival.