Dubstep recommendations required

Gedh

3 minutes ago, Robv30 said:

I’m not an expert. But my nu leng for me is grime/garage/bass. A great night out. But something Ive seen before ?

would deffo recommend for 16-25yr olds though. (I’m 30)

TQD and Holy Goof as well if you're into that sort of thing. I know I am, 34 btw.

Elijah and Skilliam, Sir Spyro and Joker for a grime fix also.

I'm a massive dubstep fan and although there's hardly any dubstep this weekend I've had a pretty good look over the lineup but I've probably missed a couple. I know most of these have been mentioned already in this thread but I have been doing nothing but thinking about Glastonbury for the last couple of weeks so this has given me something to do

Gully Blues:

Sunday:

Sicaria Sound x L U C Y x Jossy Mitsu x Sherelle: 23:30 - 2:30

This is a pretty unmissable set for me, these four have blown up massively recently and is amazing to see such talented women being recognised in a type of dance music that is usually very male dominated. This set won't be straight dubstep at all but will be a mix of all different types UK bass music from garage/dubstep/techno/grime/jungle etc. This mix is probably a pretty good representation of what to expect, also the other 3 all have amazing recent boiler room sets so defo check those out as well. 

Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video

Mala: 22:00-23:30

Don't really need to explain why you need to see mala if you like dubstep, the only set at glastonbury (I'm pretty sure) that will be straight dubstep 

Sir Spyro x Joker: 20:00-21:00

This set will be a mixture of grime and dubstep but tbh the lines are pretty blured anyway especially with a lot of Spyros production being very similar to what dubstep is now. I saw them play b2b a couple of months ago and i thought they were pretty good, as a massive fan of jokers recent productions like 'Boat' I will definitely be watching them as well.

WOW:

Saturday:

L U C Y: 18:00-19:00

L U C Y's been absolutely smashing it this year, don't think I've seen someone play as many sets as her, has an amazing selection of dubstep/grime mostly but also plays jungle and other UK bass stuff (for lack of a better term). One thing I love about her is how varied her setlists are, she's always playing tunes I've never heard before.

Cru Cast Takeover Skepsis x Darkzy x Bru-C x TS7 x Mr Virgo x Lazcru x Window Kid: 14:00-18:00

Wasn't sure to include this as they will mostly play bassline/jump which I find a massive load of w*nk, but they have been releasing some dubstep tunes these last couple of years which are actually pretty good, so might be worth sitting throught the bassline if there's not much else you want to see, or if you like a bit of bassline, I won't judge 

Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video

Stonebridge: IMO has the best lineup over the weekend of any stage, not a weak day in sight

Saturday:

Sports Banger Mega Rave With Artwork, Harrimann, Jenny Cheng, Klose One, Loefah (BANGTAZIA SET) + Hosted By: Jonny Banger: 19:00-00:00

Hard to say if there'll be any dubstep played at this set, with loefah and artwork both straying from dubstep into techno and disco in the last decade or so. But Loefah has been producing and playing dubstep shows in the last couple of years so never count it out. Regardless i would highly recommend this set will be a lot of fun! Would say it'll mostly be techno similar to the swamp 81 stuff, but could be completely wrong.

IICON:

Saturday:

Hessle Audio takeover: 02:30-04:30: Ben UFO/Pearson Sound/Pangea/Bruce?, this is probably the DJ set I'm most looking forward to as they are all incredible selectors in their own right. It won't be dubstep at all and will be techno/breakbeaty.

Laurel Halo & Kode9 (Hyperdub): 21:30-23:45

Kode9's a legend and although this might be a bit more abstract 140/techno will be a great set

The Rum Shack:

Friday:

Barley Legal x Foreign Beggars: 03:00-04:00: Foreign Beggars have been in the scene for a while now, I've personally never been a massive fan but they have the odd good track. But Barley Legal is one of my favourite DJs at the moment, she plays pretty much any kind of UK bass music Dubstep/DnB/Techno, but will always play a really varied set, and IMO has the best show on Rinse FM at the moment.

The Gas Tower: (Friday)

Sicaria Sound: As said before these two are really fucking good and the stage looks really interesting with the 360 visuals so would be worth trying to make this.

Edited by bigdog51
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Do you reckon, Toon? Kode9 yes. I’m not sure Hodge will be spinning stuff at that sort of tempo...

And with Hessle it depends what mood they’re in! I can see their IICON set being more techno/electro 125-135bpm stuff. 

Tbh, there’s not a lot of what is traditionally thought of as dubstep being played atm, is there? London Underground was full of it in 2015...!

Ben

I'm pretty sure Hodge, similarly to Blawan, cut his teeth in the dubstep scene, but is now known for techno. Blawan appears to have gone full techno, but Hodge still brings dubstep vibes and given the IICON line up I wouldn't be surprised if he went full dubstep at points, as Hessle Audio regularly do. I've never seen Hodge, though, so may be wrong.