Glasto House 2017 - my little mix

Vidsidasta

So I thought I'd give myself a little project - produce a mix of house music in the style of Glastonbury. I went through most of the house-ish dance acts and DJs, and some of the main stagers, and found a collection of songs that I could mix together in semi-decent fashion.

I know house music isn't to everyone's tastes, but for those who look forward to dance music at Glastonbury (like me), I hope this will be a fun little distraction for an hour or so.

I'm not a professional DJ, just doing this as a hobby at the moment, so I know it's not perfect (and I have made mixes I'm happier with), but feel free to let me know what you think!

Tracklist:

• 1 Little Fluffy Clouds (Danny Tenaglia's Detour Mix) by The Orb
  • 2 Victoria Lucas (Sasha Remix) by Moby
  • 3 The Mpc Blues (Alex Arnout Remix) by Leigh D Oliver
  • 4 Paris (Andhim Remix) by Groove Armada
  • 5 Midnight (Boys Noize & Mr. Oizo Handbraekes Remix) by Boys Noize
  • 6 Give Me A Reason (Michael Mayer Does The Amoeba Remix) by Jagwar Ma
  • 7 Tribal Jazz (Kaiserdisco Remix) by Harry Romero
  • 8 Distant Past (Alex Metric Remix) by Everything Everything
  • 9 Where U Iz (Kda Remix) by Fatboy Slim
  • 10 Midnight (Les Petits Pilous Remix) by Jaymo, Andy George
  • 11 The Doctor by Marc Maya
  • 12 Rollercoaster (Route 94's Narcotic Mix) by Sam Frank, Skream
  • 13 The Duster by Green Velvet, Eats Everything
  • 14 Ambience by Melé
  • 15 Electric City (James Monro Remix) [James Monro Remix] by The Egg, James Monro
  • 16 Fuck It (Betoko Remix) by Toni Varga
  • 17 The Gift (Michael Woods Remix) by Way Out West

34 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Thanks, that'll help me kill an hour of this train journey. 

Correction... 10 mins in and I'm loving that, I used to love house music in the 90s but became disenchanted with the whole scene. This set is right up my street though... 

Thanks! 90s was when I got into house music as well. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of pop house from time to time, but the house music I loved did seem to vanish for a little while there as dance entered the mainstream. It's definitely back now though.

1 hour ago, Sidasta said:

Thanks! 90s was when I got into house music as well. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of pop house from time to time, but the house music I loved did seem to vanish for a little while there as dance entered the mainstream. It's definitely back now though.

Funky deep house, look out stuff like Lex Loofah, Black Mojo, Solitaire Gee on the warp label... That's what I'm all about.