Want some info - please help!

Gallidancer

Haven't been to Glasto since '93 & this time I'm glamping in a van at the show ground.  Can anyone tell me will I get searched each time I get the free bus & do u have to queue?  Do they allow plastic bottles of vodka?  Do they also allow a car by the camper van?

Hi! Wow you're in for a suprise if you havent been since 93!  

Cant help about the searches or queues except that you will have to go through gate A every day, and there is a chance that you might be searched.  Plastic bottles are fine all round. 

Enjoy your return!

Hi there will be lots of changes since you last went! We ended up at the showground last year due to mud/traffic issues, usually stay in cv east. No searches on the buses and they were great, very frequent and ran all night. No real queues (maybe 10 mins wait max) other than heading back after headliners on sunday night (q mixed with day trippers and coach goers) - if you dont have to be away early monday am i would stay out as late as you can sunday to avoid. 

You do have to go through gate A each day when you go into the festival and there is always a chance you may get searched, so going through each day increases chances statistically (although this is our tenth year and never been searched, must look far too boring!). Plastic bottles absolutely fine as are cans and other drinks, only rule is no glass. Take as much as you like in - we took loads each day and stashed in the lockups. Re parking, last year we parked next to the van but as showground was emergency overflow can't confirm for this year but if organised as cv east then yes you drive in unhook and leave the car where it is.

Take out everything you need for the day, you won't be going back to the van, as much booze as you can carry (if that's your thing) chairs (if needed) coats and warm clothes for evening and stash what you dont immediately need in the lock ups to reclaim later - don't forget to make a donation at some point for the service.

Have an amazing time!x