Toilet Talk

Tartan_Glasto

What is there to discuss? You really don't mind the long drops. That's it. It's hardly open to debate now is it? We have no other knowledge with which to challenge you on this subject. There, I think I lasted pretty well, talking about something which should have taken, in my opinion, much shorter to talk about. I think. Does that help?

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

Thank you, kind sir! It still stings a bit but you're helping me through it :)

Yeah, not really sure why Woppa down voted you - I mean it was a valid question and an innocuous one at that.

Unfortunately I can't answer your original question. The only compost toilets that I ever came across were to the left of the Pyramid Stage. However, I haven't been to Glastonbury for a couple of years, so don't know if they have rolled out an expansion of the compost toilets.

I've been to the Shambala Festival, and can confirm that they have loads of compost toilets. Their 'green' policy and carbon foot print are very much the way other festivals should go.

http://www.shambalafestival.org/essential-info/sustainability/

You might all like to know WaterAid's plans for manning toilets at Glastonbury this year.

Basically it will be the same as last year with a number of the long drop toilets being manned for most of the festival, so therefore kept clean.

WaterAid will also once again be manning the compost toilets in the Stone Circle - these replaces the African style pit latrines 3/4 years ago. They will be manned 24 hours a day from late on Wednesday and we will be aiming to retain our title as the cleanest loos on the site once again ( I'm one of the team leaders there - come up and see us).

For women there will also be 4 she-pee sites as well - by the Pyramid stage, Park stage, SE corner and new for this year by the railway line.