NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

Another one going solo! Went in 2012 with friends but they're all tied to their family responsibilities now (became adult and all boring). Would be great to hook up with some like minded music loving efestivalers whilst I'm there. Will put some feelers out there nearer the time. Cracking lineup, just couldn't resist going back to beautiful Lisbon again

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Limpet said:

Another one going solo! Went in 2012 with friends but they're all tied to their family responsibilities now (became adult and all boring). Would be great to hook up with some like minded music loving efestivalers whilst I'm there. Will put some feelers out there nearer the time. Cracking lineup, just couldn't resist going back to beautiful Lisbon again

Join this then :)

edit: send me a pm if you don't have facebook!

Edited by Noeliam

6 hours ago, Mirror said:

doesn't seem to have been announced anything exciting. Just two local portuguese-speaking rappers announced as the first names for Clubbing stage. That stage is also curated by a DJ Kamala, another portuguese dj I have never heard before. 

- Lots of Portuguese acts announced for Clubbing stage, 8th of July. Doubt they have much interest for target audience of the festival - mainly rap and hip-pop names...

- Clubbing stage on the 8th will be ONLY Portuguese acts. I am not sure about the other two days.

-  The number of foreigners is already up vs last year's numbers, and we are only in March (15,000  foreigners on last edition vs 18,000 that have already bought tickets for 2016).

Great info, thanks!

I'm ok with the Portugese acts for clubbing on the 8th, it's already the best day now. Maybe it means that we'll get some international names for the other 2 days if they named it specifically. However, in 2015 clubbing was also quite disappointing but it had some class acts in the previous years. 

Did they mention anything on how they will celebrate the 10th edition? With the 5th edition they had an extra day, maybe extra internatinal names this year (no Portugese fillers like HMB on mainstage last year while they are on the clubbing stage this year)..

6 hours ago, Mirror said:

-  The number of foreigners is already up vs last year's numbers, and we are only in March (15,000  foreigners on last edition vs 18,000 that have already bought tickets for 2016).

Not surprised by that considering it's one of only two places to see Arcade Fire, and one of a handful to see Radiohead this summer with the rest of the line up being top notch to boot. 

I wonder what effect that'll have on the rest of the bookings.  Obviously they always feature a fair number of big international acts looking at previous years but pad out a majority of the line up outside mainstage with mainly local acts.  With a bigger number of punters travelling from abroad, you'd imagine they could well try and increase the number of international acts across the stages to cater to that crowd?

28 minutes ago, Finge said:

Did they mention anything on how they will celebrate the 10th edition? With the 5th edition they had an extra day, maybe extra internatinal names this year (no Portugese fillers like HMB on mainstage last year while they are on the clubbing stage this year)..

About portuguese acts: they could have some pretty good house/dance/electronic portuguese acts, but using a whole day for portuguese hip-hop/RnB at the clubbing stage, seems weird to me (not that the artists announced are bad in their type of music, I guess?)! Specially considering the other artists at the festival that day. But I also don't mind it since I'll probably miss already lots of acts at the Heineken Stage that day.

No mention about how they are celebrating. Hope they do something cool this year, like fireworks at the end of Arcade Fire to close the festival.

16 minutes ago, kipper64 said:

I wonder what effect that'll have on the rest of the bookings.  Obviously they always feature a fair number of big international acts looking at previous years but pad out a majority of the line up outside mainstage with mainly local acts.  With a bigger number of punters travelling from abroad, you'd imagine they could well try and increase the number of international acts across the stages to cater to that crowd?

Probably not, since they just announced a whole day at the clubbing stage with portuguese RnB/Hip-pop. My guess is mainstage will have at most 1/2 portuguese acts, and the first few acts of the day at Heineken will be portuguese, as always.

32 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Editors, Underworld, Junior Boys and Blossoms added to Bilbao BBK. 

Have they announced anything not in unison with NOS Alive who have gone on to be announced for NOS Alive?

Think the only seperate announcement they had was when Chvrches were announced and they've since been ruled out of NOS. Really hope that's not the case with Editors as they're my favourite band and would absolutely top off the line up for me!

1 hour ago, aj3000and12 said:

Editors, Underworld, Junior Boys and Blossoms added to Bilbao BBK. 

Have they announced anything not in unison with NOS Alive who have gone on to be announced for NOS Alive?

Editors for the saturday, they could still play NOS stage on the friday but that would be too much to ask?

13 hours ago, Limpet said:

Cheers Noeliam, think I've joined up/sold my soul to the devil. Beers our on me! See you in sunny Portugal 

Great man!! :) see you there!

Possibly , flights and a festival ticket going spare to someone?

Friend looks like can't make it . We payed £128 for returns flights from luton on thursday morning coming back sunday evening.

If anyone interested in this send me a message and will let you know more, only looking to get what we paid back for it. (costs £15 to change flight name)

Gutted to see Editors play Bilbao on the 9th, they are playing in Athens on the 8th and I don't think they will fly from Lisbon to Athens back to Bilbao. Not much place on the 7th too, would have been perfect for the mainstage on the 9th :(.

7 minutes ago, Finge said:

Gutted to see Editors play Bilbao on the 9th, they are playing in Athens on the 8th and I don't think they will fly from Lisbon to Athens back to Bilbao. Not much place on the 7th too, would have been perfect for the mainstage on the 9th :(.

Ah fuck sake! Suppose I can't really complain too much and I've seen them 5 times. 

19 minutes ago, Finge said:

Hmm that's a shame... I really hoped for Editors on the 9th... I'm curious what we'll get then!

16 hours ago, Limpet said:

Hey I'm also considering going and solo too.. Lineup is just too good to miss!! Although I'm from Australia and would cost around $2000 on flights alone so would make a trip of it! Thought there might be some music tour group I could join but yet to find anything on the Internet. 

5 minutes ago, Rachie122 said:

Hey I'm also considering going and solo too.. Lineup is just too good to miss!! Although I'm from Australia and would cost around $2000 on flights alone so would make a trip of it! Thought there might be some music tour group I could join but yet to find anything on the Internet. 

You're also welcome to Camp Unknown :)

Our biggest camp is at Sziget if you're interested to check the festival!

6 minutes ago, Finge said:

I'm wondering why Two Door Cinema Club is placed between the mainstage acts on the line up page. Would make sense if they were 2nd on the main (played 3rd on main in 2013) but they were announced for the heineken stage.

Seeing the poster, looks like we've got our 2 headliners and co-headliners, + 2 subs (1 tba). Also, Foals is playing 3rd down and Biffy 4th, that could mean that M83 is playing 4th too (they are placed after Biffy, even after TDCC who is probably the headliner of the second stage). Does that mean that we still have 2 more Heineken-headliners, 1 sub and 1 third down to be announced????

Also, why is Ratatat so low?

Hey mates

this is my first post :) so don´t be suprised (created this account just for this post)

I`m not sure, but maybe i have found the missing act for the 8th july if there is no portuguese act

The 7th seems completely full... What do you think about sixto rodriguez? He just anounced a gig on th 9th in Austria!

Thats my source

In my opinion this would be amazing

Edited by elcamino94

The perfect scenario for me now is maybe a couple of medium sized bands for the Heineken stage on the 7th to finish the day off. The 8th can be all acts I've never heard of as it's already such a strong day. And would like to see 2 good sized bands for NOS stage and maybe 1 or 2 medium sized bands for Heineken stage for the 9th.

Probably slightly unrealistic, but if the 7th & 9th end up looking as strong as the 8th it would be awesome!