Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Not quite lost down the long drops, but Leon's story made me remember another reason I love Glasto so much.

My first year there, I took my brand new camera. Thursday night I headed out to Shangri-La in the thick mud, got myself stuck in it and in the struggle to get out, somehow managed to lose my camera. Spent the rest of that night majorly upset, then got on with it and enjoyed the rest of the festival.

Four months later, camera arrived back to me with the best photo of the guy that found it as the last photo taken. Glasto humans are the best type of humans. 

4 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Aww.  That's the best reason for wanting a ticket.  And, of course, we all need to be there to watch said proposal.

Yes! It would be so fun and magical. Really couldn't imagine such a special thing happening anywhere else!

2 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

I suspect my husband lost his camera in the long drops last year.  Well, he had it in his pocket before he went and didn't when he came back.  He says he lost it while jumping to Dreadzone but I suspect not.  The Avalon stage guys def didn't find it.

Sounds like a bloke lie if ever I heard one. Definitely didn't lose it by being stupid but maybe did whilst having fun!

3 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

the crowd could chant 'do it' repeatedly till he drops to his knee...... But it has to be muddy so it feels like being there. 

Huge cheers if you say yes

We've got plenty of mud in our garden at the moment so that could work (!) 

4 minutes ago, Rachelle27 said:

Not quite lost down the long drops, but Leon's story made me remember another reason I love Glasto so much.

My first year there, I took my brand new camera. Thursday night I headed out to Shangri-La in the thick mud, got myself stuck in it and in the struggle to get out, somehow managed to lose my camera. Spent the rest of that night majorly upset, then got on with it and enjoyed the rest of the festival.

Four months later, camera arrived back to me with the best photo of the guy that found it as the last photo taken. Glasto humans are the best type of humans. 

I absolutely love this story.... It's made me burst into tears! How can we get there! Plus I'm in a shop and they are playing Bowie's Star man.... 

Edited by Katir

7 minutes ago, Rachelle27 said:

Great Stuff! 

5 minutes ago, Stooonami said:

Right then folks.. all this dreaming stuff is all well and good.

But we need a fucking plan.....

Know a fair few people who have got in without tickets in the past but could never do that myself, would feel so wrong to be screwing over the place we all love so much

4 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

But your mud is 'clean' ..... I've seen the 'don't pee on the land competition ..... Not that anyone does that now :negative:

Well with 2 dogs running around I can promise our mud is most definitely not clean haha. But I get what you mean!

1 minute ago, ollyrag said:

Can 75 - 80 of us get in on a hospitality gig ? Id take out a Ticket Day loan to chip in for that 

Personally the whole idea of paying that much money for a ticket is obscene! I know you're paying mostly for the accommodation but still! 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

Well with 2 dogs running around I can promise our mud is most definitely not clean haha. But I get what you mean!

Well the farm is full of cows so I guess they have the same problem..... They can't quite get used to the long drops!! 

4 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Well the farm is full of cows so I guess they have the same problem..... They can't quite get used to the long drops!! 

I find you never get 'used' to it but you learn to 'accept' it by the Friday.  It's a bit like giving birth - you immediately say 'never again' then you quickly forget the pain.

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

Personally the whole idea of paying that much money for a ticket is obscene! I know you're paying mostly for the accommodation but still! 

You can buy the Groovy Movie Picture House for 25k but that does get you 25 tickets and a guaranteed pitch at Glastonbury & a few other festivals  

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/212350-groovy-movie-picture-house-for-sale/

1 minute ago, AnniMB said:

I find you never get 'used' to it but you learn to 'accept' it by the Friday.  It's a bit like giving birth - you immediately say 'never again' then you quickly forget the pain.

That's just about right .... I need a holiday after Glastonbury just to recover!!

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

You can buy the Groovy Movie Picture House for 25k but that does get you 25 tickets and a guaranteed pitch at Glastonbury & a few other festivals  

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/212350-groovy-movie-picture-house-for-sale/

Ok.  First 23 folks to pitch in with me to purchase can be my business partners.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

That would be so amazing! Is it really 25k I'm sure I read somewhere they were after 12k. Totally doable between a few people!!!

That's what I was thinking. - seriously

7 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

That would be so amazing! Is it really 25k I'm sure I read somewhere they were after 12k. Totally doable between a few people!!!

12k is even better but you have to work as its a business..... You can't spend all night up Shangri-La

14 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Ok.  First 23 folks to pitch in with me to purchase can be my business partners.

I think people should understand this isn't just an easy ticket into the festival. It's a complete lifestyle change and would involve a LOT of hard graft. 

• Upvote 1