Toms field

camperman

Myself and some friends are working for a small charity on the recycling crew this year, can anyone recomend the best place to camp in Toms field. We walked the site last weekend, and what we guessed was Toms field looked a bit steep. Its also next to the new farm entrance with all new concrete roads being laid. Cheers and thanks Glastoers :bye:

Edited by camperman

Myself and some friends are working for a small charity on the recycling crew this year, can anyone recomend the best place to camp in Toms field. We walked the site last weekend, and what we guessed was Toms field looked a bit steep. Its also next to the new farm entrance with all new concrete roads being laid. Cheers and thanks Glastoers :bye:

Hi there,

I was in Tom's field last year. You're right, it does slope up a bit at the back, but the front half or two thirds is fine. I'd say that (pretty much accidentally) I camped in a great spot. I was within 50 yards of the canteen, toilets and showers, but not too close!

When are you arriving? I got there on Monday, and had a pretty free choice, but by Wednesday it was getting fairly full, so you may have fewer options if you're not there early.

Also, when you arrive and register at the office in Tom's field, tell them which charity you're with. There's a smaller field separated from the main Tom's field by a vehicle access road, which was set aside for certain charity volunteers. I didn't realise this last year, when I volunteered through Small Steps Project, and wasn't bothered enough to move, but you might get to meet and camp with others in your team.