Best way to take bevvy along the walk of death?

Guest Lor1

Tesco are selling "festival trollies" for £18. Should be able to fit 3/4 slabs of beer/cider onto that.

I don't carry drink or anything anymore but when I did I managed to get a foldable wheelbarrow exactly like the one below from B&Q. It was ideal, it literally weighs next to nothing and is a lot easier to push than a trolley. Plus you can fold it down and stick it in your tent for safe keeping! My dad used it last year and after 5 years of the walk of death it's still going strong.

LS6255D_l.jpg

Tesco are selling "festival trollies" for £18. Should be able to fit 3/4 slabs of beer/cider onto that.

I don't carry drink or anything anymore but when I did I managed to get a foldable wheelbarrow exactly like the one below from B&Q. It was ideal, it literally weighs next to nothing and is a lot easier to push than a trolley. Plus you can fold it down and stick it in your tent for safe keeping! My dad used it last year and after 5 years of the walk of death it's still going strong.

LS6255D_l.jpg

Edited by Lor1

Can't remember how much I paid in B&Q. Don't think it was any more than £15, but that was a few years ago now though.

If there is one local to you maybe worth taking a drive down or whatever. Failing that have a wee look online and see. Still plenty of time to get one delivered.

538351839_847.jpg

Much cheapness from aldi. Had one for years now. Coped with all kinds of shite even 2012. Use gaffer tape , bungies and cling film to hold stuff on it. If you are taking slabs of beer, put them on first but WRAP THEM IN BIN BAGS. If you don't when the boxes get wet you'll leave a nice trail of tinnies for the thirsty walk of deathers behind you.

538351839_847.jpg

Much cheapness from aldi. Had one for years now. Coped with all kinds of shite even 2012. Use gaffer tape , bungies and cling film to hold stuff on it. If you are taking slabs of beer, put them on first but WRAP THEM IN BIN BAGS. If you don't when the boxes get wet you'll leave a nice trail of tinnies for the thirsty walk of deathers behind you.

Don't think so.

It's so bad just now because we need to walk around the arena to get to the campsite entrance but the new site at strathallan it looks like the arena will be to the south of the site (cause that's were the natural amphitheatre that GE was on about is) which means the camp site and parking should be to the north where the airfield is.

Therefore no having to walk around the arena to get to the entrance......I hope.

Be Chilled has been my absolute saviour these past couple of years. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for my crate of beer and pick it up in the arena than have to carry it over a mile. Now the walk of death is more like a walk in the park. Still have to carry all my other stuff but it is nothing compared to lifting litres of beer.

Be Chilled has been my absolute saviour these past couple of years. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for my crate of beer and pick it up in the arena than have to carry it over a mile. Now the walk of death is more like a walk in the park. Still have to carry all my other stuff but it is nothing compared to lifting litres of beer.

worst part of the weekend for me, thats after travelling all the way there and sitting in queues along the motorway and then to get in the car park- ill happily do that over the "walk"

i dont even mind setting my tent up once im there as long as its not lashing it down with rain. if it rains whilst im setting up after ive just done that walk i think i may spit my dummy out and just sit on the grass until the wife decides to do it for me

I've been going to T for 6 years now and have found the best solution to be to buy half my booze from bechilled and carry the rest on a sledge along with my sleeping bag, chair, tent etc. You can pick up a sledge in the likes of B&Q and Homebase for about a fiver just now, and what i do is get a roll of shrink wrap and give the sledge and my items a good covering with shrink wrap and then reinforcing the bottom and the rope with tape. To avoid rope burns bring a pair of rigger gloves to pull the sledge. A sledge is great in all types of weather, especially when its wet and trollies can get stuck in the mud.