Thursday Camping Problem

Guest tintheme

Hi, Is anyone doing the Thursday camping this year or have done it last year?

It says in the essentials guide that the Thursday camping access is only to RED/ PINK / AMBER & PINK areas.

There is 11 of us going & we always camp in blue & meet people there we meet every year & according to the guide we wont be able to if we go on the Thursday?? Was this the same last year & anyone else bothered by this? To be honest all the sites I mentioned are the ones we def want to avoid cause all we hear is bad storys from those sites!!!

(especially as we have 4 TITP virgins with us) cheers

you would have to camp in the ones that they open on the thursday unfortunately, i like camping in blue too but they only open that on the friday morning usuaally. one way of getting around it is camping elsewhere on the thursday and getting up early on the friday and moving to blue to meet your mates but once pitched up i wouldnt be moving

Mate camped in purple last year said it was nuts, some people argiung & ended up getting one of their tents set on fire. Yes purple is open thursday. I really dont know why they do this. must piss alot of people off. if i knew beforehand i prob wouldnt have got a thursday ticket.

aye I might just grab the tents on the friday morning & go to blue. Camp as close as possible on the thursday night. looks like only way to do it or rosk pink or purple hoping it will be ok. the reason is over the last couple of years all those campsites are becoming like red as far as I know?

It's not so much the campsites as the people you're camped next to. I was in pink 2011 and red 2012/2013 and the only trouble I had was in 2012 just because the people we were stuck next to who luckily left early. Last year red was pretty mellow. Unless you're unlucky and camped next to horrible people you should have no problems.

Camped in Purple 2 last year, and it was better than blue imo. Wasn't too mental but was still fun apart from a tent getting set on fire about 100ft from us... We originally planned to camp in Purple on the Thursday then move Friday morning to Blue but we were too hungover to move all our stuff. The only downside to Purple was the walk from the tent to the arena, too forever!

aye my mate was in purple 2 right next to that tent that was set alight. its things like that put you off but I suppose its whos next to you, I have always camped in blue & never a problem, always a good weekend in there. It seems that a few of you say purple is ok so we will head for there on the thursday & see what happens. fingers crossed it all good!! might see a few of you there!!

Purple and pink have been fine for me in the past. They can get noisier sometimes as they are closer to the arena than blue/yellow/green/white but nothing like as daft as red. Just stay away from the paths and get higher up without being on too much of a slope. If you are on a slope put the door downhill.