Primavera Sound 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future Islands/St.Vincent/Neutral Milk Hotel is the main clash that bothers me.

Most of the set times seem pretty reasonable.

Arcade Fire into Disclosure into Metronomy will make for a pretty fun night. Not that I'm even a fan of Disclosure really!

• 2 weeks later...

My missus asked a good question. So im gonna ask it here, in the vain hope someone looks at this thing.

The toilets. What are they like? On one hand, no mud would mean they would be relatively clean. On the other hand, if they are portaloos and its really sunny & warm.....well, they are gonna be very 'fragrant', arnt they?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Heat wont be a problem for most of the acts - if you arrive for the starting bands then it will still be warm so will be a factor. Yes they are portaloo's - urinals are available for the guys to try and cut down on unnecessary waits for the ladies. There will still be queues at the bigger stages (Sony & Heineken) just due to the amount of people there.

Any other questions feel free to ask. Been to the festival 4 years in a row and it's only behind Glasto in my favorite places to see music. Not long now! :)

hey. I have ANOTHER question now. One which you may have the answer?!?

I see that they have opened reservations for VIP/PRO ticket holders for the gigs at Apolo/LA2 etc....Im ASSUMING that there is only a limited amount of these you can reserve, so us plebs can get in as well?!? IF so, what do you reckon the ratio of 'reserved'/non reserved will be? Im DESPERATE to see BJM.....

Hi! Guys! If you need some information that I can help tell!

BUT! I need to find someone to go to the festival, but not think to go to concert in May 28 in the Teatre Principale (Jamie xx and John Talabot) Jamie XX operates 2 other times during the festival.

Learnt lots of lessons, got caught in the downpours without waterproofs, we'd had a look in the shopping centre opposite but couldn't see much. Turns out there's a branch of Decathlon to the left of the gates, 9 Euro for a pack-a-mac...

Managed to get tickets for everything we wanted to see on the Hidden Stage by getting down early then heading off for a feed elsewhere. Also got our wristbands easily at 3pm, when we returned later the queue was fecking huge!

First time at Primavera Sound and NOS Primavera. Hope this helps to anyone who is considering them for next year.

In my opinion, the Porto version was a bit better. I think they managed to pull most of the bands from Barcelona in the previous editions, although this year they didnt. (think if Arcade Fire was in Porto, it would have been just perfect, but Rock in Rio nicked them, i think). But that being said, it was still better. Primavera Sound is a much much bigger festival, and the crowd gets pretty crammed during gigs. And having a VIP área on the front one half of the two main stages (Sony and Heineken) certainly didnt help. Most gigs at night started with half of the front practically empty, and still only the VIPs could enter. and it just didnt feel right. I wonder how Arcade Fire felt about that. Add to that, the Sony stage left side had horrible, horrible sound, like the amps were made of paper, so those who didnt have VIP tickets suffered.

But the worst thing was the beer prices. I think Heineken was 5 euros for a teeny cup. It was much better in Porto, with a larger cup of Super Bock being 3.50 euros.

I guess, with both festivals, however, everything will kind of come down to how good a lineup they manage. Nothing much else to see other than the music.

Simply put, I think I would think very hard about going back to Primavera Sound. Porto, on the other hand, I am definitely coming back when I get the chance. And obviously, Porto is such a beautiful city.

Thanks for the review of Porto version, I was planning to go to that this year but work commitments got in the way so "only" did Primavera. The main problem for me is getting to Porto from Scotland, Barcelona is just so much easier to fly to. Maybe sometime in the future as the couple of festivals in Lisbon I've attended have been great

Quick question for you: did you find that accommodation was easy enough to come by in Porto?

Already bought my early bird ticket for Primavera15 ... missed the €99 tickets but 3 days of great music for €115 is still a bargain :cool: