Any good to go it alone?

Guest BOLSHY

So, I'm all set for the race to get tickets tomorrow, but the people I was going with didn't register on time so won't be getting tickets.

There's always the re-sale for them but where does that leave me?

I know a few people who are considering going but I don't want to be 'tagging along'.

Has anyone been alone before? Obviously it would be amazing to go with people but I'm considering going alone if no one else secures tickets (presuming I do).

Ive been with large groups, small groups, kids etc but have always gone with at least one other person, never alone. During all of those times though, I have mostly spent most of the time on my own due to a complete difference in musical tastes (I love pop!). I have never felt lonely and have actually preferred the times I am free to do my own thing. Everyone is a friend at Glasto, so you are never short of conversation and company if you want it. If it was a choice of going alone or not going at all - I would defo chose going alone. You won't be alone for long. Good luck tomorrow x x

I've gone to a good number of festivals on my own (including Glastonbury in 2010), and always had a really good time. One of the up sides is that you get to talk to new people more easily if you are not part of an established group, plus I loved that I never had to compromise on my musical preferances!

Main downside might be that you have no one to look after you if you really overdo it.

Make sure you get your ticket in the morning first of all :)

You can then worry about going alone/finding others to go with afterwards! But it's great to do, I spent most of last year "soloing" it but did have a few people I sort of knew to camp with which was nice of a morning.

Plus if your alone, you can do exactly what you want when you want!!

There is a huge difference between spending time on your own and being on your own. Glastonbury, despite what people love to say, is no different to anywhere else: If you've got no 'base' of friends to gravitate towards, you might find yourself feeling left out. It all depends on what sort of person you are - if (in the 'real' world) you're happy to go out down to a pub or club on your own and make your own entertainment, you'll be fine. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, you ought to reconsider going alone. I'm a remarkably sociable individual, but the one time I went to a major festival alone (albeit in a different country where I had a poor grasp of the lingo) I didn't really enjoy the experience. If I was faced with the prospect of doing Glastonbury alone, I'd pull out all the stops to find some people in the same situation to go with. Even if I didn't end up spending much time with them, the fact that I knew they were there would make all the difference.

Thanks everyone! I'll see what happens tomorrow! I'm sure I'll know someone who is going, and even if I don't necessarily go with them it seems like there's plenty to do and a hell of a lot of people to meet! Once the music I like kicks in I will probably be having too much fun to care!

I think the atmosphere would make me more sociable than usual, as I can be a bit the opposite way. Although that's mainly because I'm busy!

Good luck to everyone attempting to get tickets tomorrow by the way!