car park choices?

Guest doobie ninja

ive been reading the "how to get there" style threads but they've left me quite confused. :(

if you approach the site from the West you will end up in the West carpark. Aproach from the east and you'll end up on the east carpark, correct??

but ive heard conflicting stores about approaching from the north or the south. I've heard people then say that they got directed or filtered due to TRO's into what ever carpark...often, not the one they wanted. And simply "just nipping off to the other side of the site to park" is not an easy option. again, is this correct?

We're heading down the M5 towards Bristol and want the west side, so we can go.....

A) through bristol, towards shepton Mallet (which that will put us the east side of Pilton)

B ) the same as above but turn off towards Wells, then through to Glastonbury town.

C) M5 J22 smaller roads through Westhay to Glastonbury town (my favourite route so far i think)

D) M5 J23 A39 to Glastonbury town (as advised on the website)

Any ideas???

Tar :)

Edited by doobie ninja

Options B, C and D should take you to the West car parks. We do east, so I can't advise of which B, C or D options is the best in terms of congestion, time, etc., but the routes are signposted very clearly from nearby roads (East is Blue, West is Red, so look for the yellow AA signs and follow the red or blue blobs depending on which side you want).

Ultimately, once you're in the car park you park where you're told to. You can't get from the west car parks to the east (or vice versa), nor can you choose which bit of the car park you park in.

I looking to get to park on the East Side and would like to get onto the Purple Route which seems the best way into the Cockmill Meadow Family Field. Any advice on directions to get that way travelling from the North (coming down M5)?

A postcode for SatNav anybody?

Edited by BA4 4BY