Is the Arcadia Afterburner coming?

Guest BMXRoy

The Afterburner has evolved! Prepare yourself for the new pyrotechnic wonder of the world - The Soma Arcadia Armadillo Arena - a high impact sculpted DJ performance platform with moving wings, surrounded by a six stack Funktion- One sound field. With sets from Len Faki (OFFICIAL), Pan-Pot, Josh Wink (Official Page) & many more accompanied by smoke, fire and high powered lights it's set to KICK OFF! http:///WI7fcI
968880_10151914511618765_2086179905_n.jp

"Aside from the fully fledged Arcadia appearances at BoomTown and Bestival, keep an eye out for some of the recognisable structures and vehicles at other events, such as the new The UFO at Rockness"

From their website abut the ufo last year. Sure it was the afterburner though

Edited by penny0

Has anyone had any experience of this Arcadia Bug/Armadillo stage? Judging by the videos from Boomtown 2011, it looks nowhere near on par with the Afterburner. Going on the PDF specifications for the Afterburner and the Armadillo, even with the Funktion one 6 stack sound system, it's less than half the capacity.

Feeling slightly disappointed with this announcement as the Afterburner is one of my favourite things about Rockness.

Makes little sense to me. It claims its an 'arena' on the lineup poster released today. That, is a truck. An arena that is not. Also, when was the last time you saw an Armadillo with wings?....

Soma Arcadia Armadillo Arena - a high impact sculpted DJ performance platform with moving wings

Edited by thomohoq

Makes little sense to me. It claims its an 'arena' on the lineup poster released today. That, is a truck. An arena that is not. Also, when was the last time you saw an Armadillo with wings?....

Soma Arcadia Armadillo Arena - a high impact sculpted DJ performance platform with moving wings

They might actually have the armadillo/bug thing then have the fire breathing lamp posts/trees around the perimeter. Therefore, making it an 'arena' of sorts. Even so, it's still pretty disappointing in comparison to the Afterburner. When something is described as evolved, I'd expect it to be better.