Looking for an answer or advice ?

Guest ramragon

Hi All,

Ok so here's my list of first time KC attendee's questions - apologies if they've been answered elsewhere:

• What's the capacity?
  • Distance from car park to general camping 5/6? Need a trolley?
  • Arriving around 11am Friday and have a 4 man tent - will finding a space in 5/6 be an issue?
  • Showers - any in general camping? Cost?
  • Food - BBQ rule seems ridiculous, anyone seen it enforced before?
  • Smuggling booze in - which entrance is best in your experience?
  • Atmosphere - what's the vibe in the general campsites late on, lots of intermingling and noise or do things quieten down quite quickly? Is it an older crowd in general or similar mix to other bigger festivals?
  • Friday night - where can we get some good disco and indie music?
  • Ground conditions - if its wet how quickly does it turn into a quagmire and/or flood?

That is all - I think!

Smudger

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Ok so here's my list of first time KC attendee's questions - apologies if they've been answered elsewhere:

• What's the capacity? around 15000

• Distance from car park to general camping 5/6? Need a trolley? up to 400mtrs, trolley not essential as the car wont be miles away and you can do several trips,

• Arriving around 11am Friday and have a 4 man tent - will finding a space in 5/6 be an issue? the site was pretty full by that time last year so you take your chances, may be helped this year by better use of the quiet,, family and general areas

• Showers - any in general camping? Cost? never seen them personally but been told theyre there, no idea of cost

• Food - BBQ rule seems ridiculous, anyone seen it enforced before? er, no ! Good luck to them

• Smuggling booze in - which entrance is best in your experience? theres only one enterance from general camping !

• Atmosphere - what's the vibe in the general campsites late on, lots of intermingling and noise or do things quieten down quite quickly? Is it an older crowd in general or similar mix to other bigger festivals? never stayed in general camping but by other peoples comments its fairly noisy until late on, some stages open till 3am. The bul f the general area will be teens and early 20s

• Friday night - where can we get some good disco and indie music? if you mean when stages are on try calling out for indie and your guess is as good as mine for disco, after the main stages have finished you could try sailor jerry bar, always pumping out decent mix of tunes from 60s upwards and all seem to be chosen to sing along to, from beatles to oasis.

• Ground conditions - if its wet how quickly does it turn into a quagmire and/or flood? hasnt been too bad the last 2 years, not loads of rain falling at festival though, hopefully shouldnt be an issue

That is all - I think!

Smudger

There was a campsite map in the email kendal sent out over the weekend, heres a link to the pdf document, hopefully itll work

http://kendalcalling.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c4287d60dea17bf61becb3574&id=3341268315&e=4512e9e993

If not send me your email address and ill forward it on

Edited by ramragon

link seems to work ok for me? If still struggling, send a pm with email details and will email the pdf directly.

Does anyone know if you can get lancards on the Thursday for the event? so at least we can chill and try to plot some way around stuff to see. How much do they cost for that matter?

What is it with drugs? Dont some people know how to have a good time without being off their heads?

There is a time and place, and in my opinion, its not at a 'family friendly' festival.

Call me an old fart, but I dont give a flying f__k...I just hope the cocker spaniel has a field day.

Edited by chestwig

I know there's the no gazebo thing, but is that likely to be enforced if we were to stick one up later on on the Saturday? Obviously it's understandable early on as they take up a bit more space, but we were wondering if it'd be acceptable to put one up if there's space once everyone's arrived.

Touch a nerve did I?

My comment was about the people posting on here who only seem bothered about getting caught with drugs....it's simple, if you don't wanna get caught then don't take anything.

I'm not against joints, but are coke & e's the sort of stuff to be taken to a festival like this? IN MY OPINION, no.

Oh, and by the way, where did I make the assumption you're mentioning?

My comment was about the people posting on here who only seem bothered about getting caught with drugs....it's simple, if you don't wanna get caught then don't take anything.

Remember kids, the Tories say drugs are bad, mmmkay?

are coke & e's the sort of stuff to be taken to a festival like this? IN MY OPINION, no.

might be a stupid question....

but do they allow you to take sharps in, ie Scissors, to the campsite.....just to chop the bacon up etc for the frying pan :)...or are they super strict and want everything cooked and prepped with bendy spatulas :)