Best Kept Secret Festival (NL 21-23 June '13)

Guest richardacre

• 2 weeks later...

Great festival. Fantastic location, nice atmosphere, good food, excellent music. Weather was rubbish, but that wasn't their fault.

Only complaint was the stages in Tent 2 andTent 3 were a little too low, so it was hard to see the bands if more than 10 metres back. Also, next time they need to put a signpost up where the shuttle buses drop people off at the festival site, pointing which way to go for the entrance. It's not obvious, and would save a lot of head scratching for first-time arrivees! (Unless that was the best-kept secret, of course...)

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone thinking about it next year.

Edited by Trufflehound

Phew, fantastic weekend. Flew from Stansted to Eindhoven (passport control was confused why there were a zillion english people sporting tents). Train to Tilburg. Shuttle Bus to campsite. Prices were a little high, but probably not that bad by festival standards, with beer working out about the same as british pub prices. Fantastic range of food, had vegan kebabs, vegan burgers, indonesian noodles, falafel, hummus bagels and chip butties. Because of the "beach" the ground managed to soak up all the rain, taking until sunday afternoon to get boggy and even then only in a few spots. Camped in a great spot by a pond, we had geese for neighbors (and germans).

High point of the weekend for me was Two Door Cinema club on Saturday, everyone was dancing, including behind the bars (the bar nearest the lake by the main stage was also the most fun one to frequent). Never queued for long. Hot showers. Flushing toilets. Running water. Light touch security. The drunk people were fun, rather than aggressive.

Then monday morning, packed up tent and walked straight onto a bus!

Frankly puts every British festival I've been to over the past 20 years to shame. Most definitely be going back next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Such an excellent festival. Flew from Liverpool and finished the weekend off with a few days in Amsterdam. In terms of organisation and the general structure it's definitely the best festival I've been to. Friendly security - big guys riding bikes around the campsite with smiles on their faces, never saw any trouble about. I left the campsite at half 8 Monday morn and was expecting to queue the shuttle bus - no queue whatsoever and I even got a seat which beats Bestival's 6 hr queue last year. Such a friendly crowd and no drunken kids about which was a plus. And can't forget the privilege of actual toilets and showers which are pretty much a luxury at a festival. Totally missing the fries and frite sauce now though.

If they can top this years lineup with plenty of new bands and fantastic headliners too whilst not increasing the price, I'll definitely be considering it for next year. The ticket price plus flights and trains was still only the same price as a Glastonbury ticket so I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.