RockNess Facebook hinting at Daft Punk?!

Guest Mon_eh_t

It is a bit teasing...

But there's no chance Daft Punk will be playing.

Nah, sorry mate, I'm not having that people 'misinterpretted' it. They know the clamour there's been from everyone trying to get Daft Punk back to Rockness and the endless rumours. Really don't think there was any need for it at all. They'll be a lot of pissed off people if this turns out be nothing, on top of an already poor, delayed lineup, when it could have been avoided completely.

Nah, sorry mate, I'm not having that people 'misinterpretted' it. They know the clamour there's been from everyone trying to get Daft Punk back to Rockness and the endless rumours. Really don't think there was any need for it at all. They'll be a lot of pissed off people if this turns out be nothing, on top of an already poor, delayed lineup, when it could have been avoided completely.

Why didn't they pick someone from the first year of Rockness? Why start with Daft Punk? It is an intentional tease or hint. They know how much people want Daft Punk, I don't see it happening but with that headline slot in the tent for a dance act, and Daft Punk with their famous light shows. There is certainly a chance that it could happen.

Why didn't they pick someone from the first year of Rockness? Why start with Daft Punk? It is an intentional tease or hint. They know how much people want Daft Punk, I don't see it happening but with that headline slot in the tent for a dance act, and Daft Punk with their famous light shows. There is certainly a chance that it could happen.

I know the odds are stacked against them playing in every way possible, but part of me refuses to give up hope haha. I totally understand your point, but in the case of Daft Punk, I don't think it would matter at all if they weren't initially announced as a headliner, it would make Rockness sell out either way.

Edited by gordong

Well the way I see it, they have announced these acts first to allow people who want to see Mumford, Biffy, Sheeran etc to get their tickets, and now if they announced Daft Punk there are still plenty tickets for people who want to just see Daft Punk, and they won't have an outcry from people who are unhappy they can't see their bands, and also will make sure that the crowd is perhaps more evenly split, because last time Daft Punk played the tent was destroyed to allow people to enjoy the set. My theory anyways.

Aww yea definitely if they were announced in any capacity it would sell out, I just mean I think it would be beneficial to go "We have Daft Punk, Deadmau5 and Biffy Clyro headlining Rockness this year!!!!!" rather than "We have Biffy Clyro, Deadmau5 and Mumford and Sons headlining this year with Justice and Daft Punk also playing!!!!"

For people who chat about festivals it would mean a lot them not headlining but for the average punter they look to the headliners first and undercard second

Well the way I see it, they have announced these acts first to allow people who want to see Mumford, Biffy, Sheeran etc to get their tickets, and now if they announced Daft Punk there are still plenty tickets for people who want to just see Daft Punk, and they won't have an outcry from people who are unhappy they can't see their bands, and also will make sure that the crowd is perhaps more evenly split, because last time Daft Punk played the tent was destroyed to allow people to enjoy the set. My theory anyways.

If Daft Punk did anything but headline a dance festival the size of Rockness especially when Biffy and M and Sons are headlining I think there would be an outcry plus the organisers would capitalise on announcing Daft Punk as a headliner as they know the draw they have for ticket sales

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

OH MY GOD!!!

DAFT PUNK ARE NOT GOING TO BE PLAYING!

Can we please delete this thread now????