Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alchemy Festival

Who and what do you want at Alchemy?

Fantastic news! :hi:

Seen Sicknote a couple of times in the last year, they just did a storming set at BT. Can't wait to see them again.

Yeah, Atilla the Stockbroker was really funny last time we saw him - also Mundo Jazz.

The Pizza guy

The Thia curry place

and good dry weather

and the most important all the great people I have met and those still to meet :friends:

I went last year but wasn’t very happy with a few things which I really hope are sorted this time round.

The toilets were really poor, organisation was a tad shoddy and not a great deal of children’s activities going on either.

The line-up is a little too dancy and no stand out “big” names this year yet? Will any more names be released or is that it??? More real ale too please!

I think that Off the Tracks charge the same and have a much better line up, children’s area, facilities, great bar and a proper stage.

I liked the vibe and want to go back just for the vibe but hoping the festival improves to justify the ticket price.

People say its cheap but there are other festys that seem to provide a lot more for the price.

M

I went last year but wasn’t very happy with a few things which I really hope are sorted this time round.

The toilets were really poor, organisation was a tad shoddy and not a great deal of children’s activities going on either.

The line-up is a little too dancy and no stand out “big” names this year yet? Will any more names be released or is that it??? More real ale too please!

I think that Off the Tracks charge the same and have a much better line up, children’s area, facilities, great bar and a proper stage.

I liked the vibe and want to go back just for the vibe but hoping the festival improves to justify the ticket price.

People say its cheap but there are other festys that seem to provide a lot more for the price.

M

It was our first visit to Alchemy last year and there was not much there that I would change, it struck me as a well run festival, good value for mnoey and a very nice relaxed and laid back vibe to it.

Personally I found the loos to be absolutely fine

Regarding bands, one of the delights at Alchemy is seeing bands I've never seen before, we stumbled across the Spiral Scouts in the Liberty tent, and what a nice find they were, but it was good ot have a few favourites about as well.

An essential element for me is the beer! We had something called 'blonde volupta' kicking in at 5.3%, only other stuff on offer was at 5.5%, hardly session beer! We took one sip of the blonde volupta, looked at each other and the thought was least we've got plenty of cans in the car. By the time we finsihed the pint, though, we were converted! A great pint, please bring it back this year! A bit more choice would be good, if at all possible.

But a fantastic festival and a great way to round of the season, keep up the good work guys!

ps, any chance of getting zubzub back again!