Cockermouth Rock festival 2012

Guest Jan Stone

Just read on the official website that after 7 years of being allowed,this year you are not allowed to take in your own alcohol,i find this madness for a non-profit making based festival and could seriously damage ticket sales,but maybe this is why day tickets are back on sale after a few years absence, i honestly think that this could have a serious impact on this festival,because living in Cockermouth and knowing the local communities the main reason for many of the locals attending is the cost which because of this ruling is going to increase hugely.

Just read on the official website that after 7 years of being allowed,this year you are not allowed to take in your own alcohol,i find this madness for a non-profit making based festival and could seriously damage ticket sales,but maybe this is why day tickets are back on sale after a few years absence, i honestly think that this could have a serious impact on this festival,because living in Cockermouth and knowing the local communities the main reason for many of the locals attending is the cost which because of this ruling is going to increase hugely.

that change might not be the choice of the festival, but the result of regulatory pressure from the council &/or police.

It's certainly the case that other festivals I know of have come under that pressure and had to submit to it, and it seems to happen in places where there's a perceived problem with underage drinking. The view tends to be that the drinking can be better controlled if all sales are via the bar.

What seems to pass those regulatory authorities by entirely is that kids will still drink somehow if they're going to drink.

that change might not be the choice of the festival, but the result of regulatory pressure from the council &/or police.

It's certainly the case that other festivals I know of have come under that pressure and had to submit to it, and it seems to happen in places where there's a perceived problem with underage drinking. The view tends to be that the drinking can be better controlled if all sales are via the bar.

What seems to pass those regulatory authorities by entirely is that kids will still drink somehow if they're going to drink.