Rock am Ring / Rock im Park (D)

Guest Mirko

Line Up so Far:

Linkin Park * Metallica * Die Toten Hosen * Marylin Manson * Soundgarden * Billy Talent * Tenacious D

Machine Head * The Offspring * Motörhead * Kasabian * Deichkind * Guano Apes * Gossip * The Subways

Trivium * Opeth * Killswitch Engage * Dick Brave & The Back Seeds * Mia * As I Lay Dying * Lamb of God

Enter Shikari * Donots

Skrillex * Lexy & K-Paul * The Koletzkis

Edited by Mirko

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been to Belgium festivals? The best in my opinion :) But having said that, RaR is great and this summer will be my first RaR since 2006. Soundgarden did it for me, but bands like Metallica, Tenacious D, Motörhead, Billy Talent, Machine Head, The Offspring, Guano Apes, Marilyn Manson and Trivium make this fest very interesting. I can't wait for the summer, I'm going to RaR, Graspop and Rock Werchter plus I've got tickets to both Pearl Jam showes in Amsterdam in June :D ROCK ON!!!

No I haven't yet, I was thinking about going to Rock Werchter for Pearl Jam but my girlfriend got us tickets for their Manchester show so we're doing that instead :) I would love to try some other festivals though, it's just getting people to commit to coming with me. Rock am Ring is a festival that we all love and agree to go to every year, as well as British festivals.

Definitely, the people at Rock am Ring are one of the reasons we enjoy it so much. They are definitely a lot more friendly than the majority of people you'll find at the British festivals I've been to, in my opinion. Wow, travelling from Iceland is incredible dedication! Do you travel out for each festival or do you stick around in between?

Hey all. Just thought i'd join in to pick your brains about Rock am Ring as you've all been there & got the t-shirts!!! Fair play.

There's about 16 of us from South Wales planning on venturing to Rock am Ring 2012 as its been a lifelong ambition/plan!!! Fair to say, we want to experience other festivals. What better than RAR.

We're renting a mini bus & driving over. We're looking to stop off/camp in Belgium on Weds before the festival & aim to get at RAR for the Thursday. Good idea??

If you've got any useful tips about RAR (where to get tickets/camping site/everything really!!) please post them up on here or email me darcyrwj@aol.com as we're complete novices! Any help would be massively appreciated. Cheers all.

"We are definitely going to bring the party and make sure it rocks. It's the only festival appearance we are doing in 2012, so we're going to make sure it's really special. We're also going to be dropping some of the new stuff that we have been doing in the studio. It's going to be fucking ferocious."

"We have chosen to headline Download festival as our only UK festival show next year and will be playin some new songs for the first time from our next album due later in 2012 ........ see you there, Liam, Keef & Maxim"

Part of RaR's line-up from last years:

2008 - The Prodigy, Justice, Pendulum

2009 - The Prodigy

2010 - Pendulum

2011 - Deadmau5

2012 - Skrillex, The Prodigy (?)

Anyway, i think we'll have to wait for 15th Jan, when final decision will be announced (?). Either The Prodigy will confirm it's participation this year, or be removed from ringrocker's rumour mill. At least that's what i think is going to happen.

;)

Is there a RaR announcement on January 15th?

What more bands can we expect?

Evanescencs (all but confirmed)

Björk?(ringrocker rumor)

Mumford and Sons(ringrocker rumor)

Snow Patrol(ringrocker rumor)

Prodigy(Ringrocker rumor)

What about these bands that are not on ringrocker?

Alestorm

Turbonegro

Hardcore Superstars

2ManyDJ's

The ticket price will go up on Jan 15.

Not sure, but yeah, i think more bands will b announced after that. If not exactly on that day.

As for 2manydjs, i say it's highly unlikely we'll see them this year or any year soon.

Dont know much about other bands you've mentioned.