flaming lips

Guest russycarps

So i just got back. The Lips were utterly incredible. I just wish Wayne would shut the f**k up. They were technically late on because Wayne fancied a chat, then he spent most of the gig alking. Only a single track encore, we would have gotten way more if he'd shut up. I loved the gig however. Perfect live act.

So i just got back. The Lips were utterly incredible. I just wish Wayne would shut the f**k up. They were technically late on because Wayne fancied a chat, then he spent most of the gig alking. Only a single track encore, we would have gotten way more if he'd shut up. I loved the gig however. Perfect live act.

Surprised he did the bubble ball, doesn't seem appropriate. I've actually seen that so many times now that I'd love to see a low-key Flaming Lips show where they don't do the 'carnival' thing and just let the music speak for itself - or maybe that'd be too weird...

We went to see them at Glasto last year, and was worried as I'd seen them about 4 times before (inlcuding G2003)... mainly because the live show they've been doing has been the same one for years now... BUT, it was truly stupendous, even if I didn't know some of the newer songs. Shame they had a smallish crowd to start with.

Amazing band. :)