Should you still be able to buy Reading tickets?

Guest littlemisshouse

Is it me or has reading not sold nearly enough tickets, i havent been before, just been to v but on those 9 occasions i have fought to get one every time...

im slightly concerned that the line up is putting people off this year and whilst i know it would be unusual to get a ticket off ebay or such like at the mo, i went on there today and they were selling weekend camping tickets for £150!!!

im a bit worried its not gonna be that great and am almost considering selling and going on holiday for a week?!!!

What do people think??

probably its a mixture of things...

maybe people don't think the lineup is great - although people can disagree.

maybe people can't afford it, especially parents who let their children go - they will have to be thinking of saving up more for them to go to uni if they wish.

maybe they have reached breaking point - what i mean is that the festival has reached its top demand but they have more tickets than the demand for the tickets is.

it could be a mixture of things - many more than my extremely short list here... but hopefully next year they come back with a stronger lineup which will get the demand back

1) Younger people have started to attend smaller festivals, offering more suitable line ups for half the price. Beach Break Live & Relentless Boardmasters spring to mind.

2) Reading is a lot of peoples first festival & these people have now attended other festivals & received a better experience, plenty of amenities, treated better, late night entertainment etc. Bestival is £30 cheaper, just easy to get to in the south whilst still being able to be a mini-Glasto.

3) Reading, without the usually strong line up, isn't actually a very good festival.

4) Time of year. Although the weather is normally ok, last year was a bit wet. This might have put a few casual goers off.

5) I think perhaps festivals earlier on in the summer are more preferable to Readings target audience, replacing a holiday.

These are just a couple of extra ideas.

I think it's the fact this years lineup isn't very good value for money.

Very poor choice of headliners as well, it's very much a radio 1 style array. MCR are also nowhere near big enough to headline mainstage.

Look at previous years, how much you'd pay to see a lot of the bands there. Compared to this year. Couple with the rise in price and it's crap value for money in comparison.

Last year there were a lot of bands who you'd pay £30-£50 to see, feels like great value. Not so much this year.

If you like the lineup what does it matter about the ticket sales? How is that going to make a difference except giving you more room.

Me? I'm sort of, ok with the lineup. Since the lockups been announced, I was gonna go anyway seeing as reading is like my yearly holiday.

Reassuring though, hopefully FR will learn they cannot f**k us over with a poorly thought out lineup and still sell out.

Edited by Mega Ross

Yep you can still get weekend tickets, first time ive seen these available so near to the date!

Ah well tough on ebays sellers ripping off people ! Think Sonisphere line up in well good! maybe the reason for the non sell out, tho Sunday has sold out. Just go and enjoy x