Wellies......

Guest elfie

Another Glasto newbie question!

Seem to be bombarded in the media with reports that June is set to be a scorcher (well it is today anyway), so was wondering are wellies needed in the heat? Surely all the mud will have dried up, or does it still get muddy in places, with people spilling drinks etc??

Ive ruined many a night out with inappropriate footwear choices, and dont really want to get it wrong this time......

Wellies are only necessary when its r**ning really, otherwise sensible footwear is advised. I just wear an old pair of trainers but due to the amount of walking involved and the uneven groun some people recommend walking boots/shoes.

When its dry the the only places that get a bit muddy are around the taps but as long as your not in your best shoes its not a problem

I only ever resort to wellies when it really is muddy, mud deep enough to reach the ankle all over, not just in patches because, well, I hate wearing wellies.

What I don't understand is that even last year when it was scorching hot and dusty, still I saw lots of people wearing wellies ? What gives ? Is it some sort of festival fashion statement or is it really the only footwear they have brought with them ?

Genuinely curios.

What I don't understand is that even last year when it was scorching hot and dusty, still I saw lots of people wearing wellies ? What gives ? Is it some sort of festival fashion statement or is it really the only footwear they have brought with them ?

i was in flipflops and plimsolls all week last year, arrived in my walking boots and couldnt bear the heat, took them off and they never went back on... i would advise having some wet weather shoes with you however either wellies or boots 'just in case' and do not leave them in the car, if you need them, you'll need them straight away :)

You'll only need wellies when it's actually raining or if it's rained a lot. If it's dry or only a bit drizzly you'll be fine in trainers, pumps, DMs etc. Personally I wear a pair of walking trainer-sandals (like trainers-with-holes) instead of sandals when it's hot becuase I can't bear to have hot, dusty feet!

Another Glasto newbie question!

Seem to be bombarded in the media with reports that June is set to be a scorcher (well it is today anyway), so was wondering are wellies needed in the heat? Surely all the mud will have dried up, or does it still get muddy in places, with people spilling drinks etc??

Ive ruined many a night out with inappropriate footwear choices, and dont really want to get it wrong this time......

I only ever resort to wellies when it really is muddy, mud deep enough to reach the ankle all over, not just in patches because, well, I hate wearing wellies.

Genuinely curios.

Genuinely curios.

hey, i'm presuming with a name like "elfie" you're a girl, so i will warn you now, DO NOT WEAR FLAT SHOES WITH NO SUPPORT. (like these - http://designer-shoes.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Kurt-Geiger-Lily-Ballet-Pumps.jpg) they're bad enough when you're not walking for about 4+ hours of your day, let alone when you are.

this is my third this year, determined to get it right this time. This year I'm bringing white converse lo-tops and wellies.

tip: wear your wellies there, theyre suprisingly heavy.

hope that helps.

walking boots apparently are a godsend. however i'm too vain for them : (

Genuinely curios.

I have some Sorbothane Double Strike Cushioned Insoles, which are not cheap but bloody good! And they don't end up at the bottom of footwear! You can get all different sorts, single strike (padded on heel), full strike (all over) etc. They only trouble is that I have had to go up a size as they really are that padded. But they do make walking a totally different experience!

I cant believe non of you have recommended boots or wellies just for going the loo!

The long drops and portaloos can get very wet underfoot with god knows what! I remember seeing a girl last time i went with flip flops on and soaking wet feet and toilet roll attached to them!! GROSS!!

I wore boots last time and also took wellies, it was roasting but i survived!