who have you 'discovered'?

Guest RDCL

My Chemical Romance..

I really didn't like this lot when the line up was announced, just hated their music, but I did enjoy Danger Days, and so after a few listens of that I began to enjoy their earlier stuff.

I've began to accept them for what they do, and found myself liking it!

For discoveries has to be OFWGKTA, I had never heard of them.. but now think they are really good! One of them 'see them live' bands aswel from what i've seen on youtube!

Well, both Pulp and Strokes were rumoured long before the line up was released, but I guess I 'discovered' both of those because of those rumours... Then there's The National and Interpol, and then I've not gotten very far with any of the others, but I intend to :D

Crystal Castles (really enjoying their 2nd album)

OFWGKTA

Death From Above 1979 (one of the most original bands I've heard in a long time, great tunes)

Cage the Elephant

Boysetsfire

Comeback Kid

Your Demise (knew a couple of their tunes but have bought all their albums and they are quality!)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did this last year with the National before Roskilde. Bought 4-5 albums of bands I didn't know, wacked them onto iPod and let them slowly shuffle into my head over the preceding months.

After a couple of months I would constantly stop walking along the street, think 'this is a ****ing brilliant song', look down and see "The National - Slow Show" or something.

I then bought four of the albums and started listening to them at work/travelling/running. I now actually find it difficult to listen to any other band. It's pretty frustrating...

Only four!!! That's shocking. I presume you have now rectified this shocking situation and have a nice picture of Bryan getting out of a swimming pool in your music collection. And Cherry Tree. And A Skin A Night. And at least the last two Clogs albums (possibly all five). And The Forms single. And the Grinderman Evil 12" remix that you had to get up at 4am on Record Store Day to buy. And all the Brassland re releases on coloured vinyl which cost a stupid amount of postage to import from the US and several hundred bootlegs of varying quality cluttering up your iTunes, and this year's Sufjan Stevens/Dessner/Reed Parry Christmas album and....and sometimes I wish they weren't quite this keen on collaborations and side projects...

Be careful people, they creep up on you and it kind of gets out of control :D