HAJAH - SKA DUB REGGAE

bamber

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, bamber said:

From the movie "Babylon" (1980)

Warrior Charge (Aswad)

bob and don letts saw aswad doing warrior charge at notting hill carnival, according to a don letts story.

babylon is a great movie, with music done by dennis bovell, soundtrack album is pretty good too.

Edited by Neil

Just now, bamber said:

You are up late tonight. I missed Badu tonight in Bristol, Rail Strike.

i'm up and down late every night, partly to try to manage the pain in my leg. i didn't do badu, just across town from me.

Just now, Neil said:

i'm up and down late every night, partly to try to manage the pain in my leg. i didn't do badu, just across town from me.

I'm regretting not going already. Badu is always magnificent. No stranger to the Reggae either.

• 1 month later...

Did they play in 86?I remember seeing a reggae band headlining stage 2 one night I'm not sure which night and I'm not sure on the band. Aswad are my first guess.

Misty in roots my second guess.

all such a long time ago the memory has faded.

Edited by Neil

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Did they play in 86?I remember seeing a reggae band headlining stage 2 one night I'm not sure which night and I'm not sure on the band. Aswad are my first guess.

Misty in roots my second guess.

all such a long time ago the memory has faded.

Probably Black Uhuru or the Wailers in 86., though neither headlined by the looks of it https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/history/history-1986/

How good is it seeing a Pyramid set from 82? Never thought any of that was recorded.

2 hours ago, bamber said:

Probably Black Uhuru or the Wailers in 86., though neither headlined by the looks of it https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/history/history-1986/

Pretty sure it wasn't the wailers or black Uhuru think I'd remember the

Band name if it has been either if those.  Think it must have been Friday night Cos I saw pyramid hedliners on two nights which I thinkbwere Saturday and Sunday ( the cure,and psychedelic furs respectively).