Anyone had/got one of these trolleys?

Guest jeffie

I am a poor student so I have brought a reasonably cheap trolley, i'm slightly concerned about how long it will last. I brought this one from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9278840/Trail/searchtext%3ECAMPING+TROLLEY.htm

When I brought it a week ago it was on sale for £14.99 so if it does break, you get what you pay for I guess. Wish me luck!

Here is a bad quality picture of it stacked with Brothers:

24yscom.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have been using one of these for Glasto for about 9 yrs now (the same one). it carries tons of stuff (we use bungee cords) turns into a seat when you get there as sides fold down and flat packs into the car with minimal effort. Just don't forget the spanner. Ours comes apart into 5 pieces and the wheels come off only takes a few mins to put back together. Some years we have brought back half a ton of Glasto mud on the wheels so don't forget bin bags to pack them into lol

we thought it had finally had it last year as the axle snapped on the way in :( but we tied it all up and managed to get back to the car and hubby has drilled and soldered axle to reuse this year :D . We repaint it each year and have used it for ferrying sleeping children around in at night complete with fairy lights

We also have a smaller trolley like the

Argos type one no idea where from as it is about 20 yrs old :P It carries 2 large plastic crates with assorted sundries in and anything else we manage to tie onto it.

Can't manage to copy pic here sorry

the one I ordered off of ebay arrived today and am chuffed to bits with it. £50 including delivery in two days....proper chunky wheels and very solid - don't want to 'spam' so if you want the link Pm me

15bc8711.jpg

77ceaf99.jpg

• 1 month later...

Do you reckon you could get the funky leisure trolley on a bus if its fully loaded? We're going from Bristol Temple Meads station to site on the Weds morning (early) using the connecting shuttle. We did that last year, and it was very hassle free, but don't know if you'd fit on with a fully loaded trolley. Anyone ever done it?

I have the OP's trolley. It's brilliant. It collapses down very small, it's light, and it saw me through mud, dust, and floods. I shall be buying another for 2013 after someone nicked my old one on the Sunday.

• 12 years later...
On 5/5/2011 at 6:21 PM, gibbin82 said:

Screenshot_20240430_114205_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d3fe2d8ccd62c873dae685be9cf5bd32.jpgScreenshot_20240430_114217_Chrome.jpg.2ea3cb107f51ffe1f63ed302a0bd942b.jpg

Resurrecting this thread from the depths for a niche question.

I bought one of these trolleys (the one on the right) from the old Funky Leisure website when it was affiliated with eFestivals. 

Anyway, it's been bloody brilliant but last year (while in the garage) one of the tyres finally cracked. Luckily it came with a spare but now I'm worried the othet old one may go when I'm using it.

I've looked on-line foe a replacement and going off the size, these will do the job but I'm not certain. 

https://amzn.eu/d/0fSu0L0

2 fold question, I know these were popular on here a while back, had anyone ever replaced a wheel, if so where did you get it? And does anywhere still sell this particular trolley? Funky Leisure have stopped selling them.

Edited by Gnomicide

Advert gives dimensions - hub length 55mm and axel 20mm.

Just measure the existing wheels to see it it'll fit.

I can't tell from your pics how the wheel is held on tro the axel but often it's just washer with a split pin going through a hole in the axel so the hub on the replacement wheel needs to be of a similar width for the axel to protude such that the hoie for the split pin can be used

36 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Advert gives dimensions - hub length 55mm and axel 20mm.

Just measure the existing wheels to see it it'll fit.

I can't tell from your pics how the wheel is held on tro the axel but often it's just washer with a split pin going through a hole in the axel so the hub on the replacement wheel needs to be of a similar width for the axel to protude such that the hoie for the split pin can be used

Yeah, it's a split pin.