Been a while

Guest k1pper

Yeah, the kids have got younger and a little more d**khead-ish or is it that l've got older :unsure:

The wristbands are different. er campervan spot as moved more towards the back of brown camp. And the main stage had moved last year (not much, just to the right a little) but l think its back in the same place this year.

l think thats it but l'm prob wrong... :blink: Oh the price as gone through the f**kin roof!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leeds is no where near as good as it used to be

been going since it was carling weekend and since festival republic took over its just went downhill

its too overmanaged now full of campsite stewards who are just jobs worths

you literally can't do anything without getting in trouble

that could be why there struggling to push tickets im guessing

been going since it was carling weekend and since festival republic took over its just went downhill

• 3 weeks later...

Festival Republic have always been in charge, all that's changed is it's not sponsored by Carling anymore. I've been going to Leeds since the first one in 99 and the only thing I've noticed changing are the majority of the people going to the fest are getting younger and it's been a different crowd since festivals became cool.

Well I'm a veteran and the line up still apppeals to me. I would say the issue is there's alot more choice in festivals now.

You're right, it may well be not as heavy rock orinetated as it used to be and that's because there are specific fests for that now but it still has alot of appeal to the over 25's. I'm sure no matter what age we are we'll all have a f**king fantastic weekend.:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Festival has involved with the times! Its giving what people want and festivals are getting more and more popular these days due to them being the best things on this planet! Its cheaper than going abroad and is the best weekened ever and if you have the weather then its just the right place to be!

200th Efestivals Post!

i was there in 2006 was a good year along with 2007 in my opinion ever since its got worse and worse. too many dickheads and troublemakers and since its been sponsored by festival republic as apose to carling it has just got more pathetic havnt missed a year since 06 but deffo not going this year waste of money.

i was there in 2006 was a good year along with 2007 in my opinion ever since its got worse and worse. too many dickheads and troublemakers and since its been sponsored by festival republic as apose to carling it has just got more pathetic havnt missed a year since 06 but deffo not going this year waste of money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

l've never been to Reading so l can't compare but for me the crowds are ok. l'm 6'2 so people kind of move out of my way. (a little bit anyway)

Its like most on the way home from work,school, We all get stuck in the traffic jams on the roads so its just the same at Leeds really. If you move up to the arena at the busy time then you are going to get stuck in traffic. Its one of the high lights for me, people falling over, singing silly songs, looking rather daft and just having a right good laugh, a good way to meet people too.

Best time is when its very sticky mud. It looks like something from a zombie movie everyone swaying from side to side look a bit rough trying hard not to get stuck. :lol:

Anyway... the crowds are not as bad has their made out to be, and if you that bothered, set off before rush hour. And have fun along the way. One time from my tent to the arena l got 162 high fives after a bet that l couldn't get to 50... Winning.