Family/Quiet Camping

Guest heth

I've just noticed the appearance of Family Camping tickets on the Download website. Now this might sound like a dumb question but is it JUST families or is it open to childless people who just want some sleep?

I generally want to be as far away from kids as possible but am thinking this could be a way to make night times quieter, and I'm guessing there's not as many 'little kids' at Download as there would be at something like Glastonbury.

Edited by heth

In answer to your question, you do not have to have children to go into family. They enforce a curfew to keep noise to a minimum after 11 (I think). But because of this, the campsite is placed as far away from the village as you can get (as the funfair and music and stuff keeps going to early hours)

If you want the quiet over less walk then go for it.

However, I must say in the few years I've been to DL, I've been in Standard in Blue relatively close to the village and I've always managed to get some shut eye.

Me and my son who is 13 have stayed in family camping for the past 4 years i think since he came home in 05 or 06 and told his mum we nearly got blown up by some dick heads in the tents next to us. Last year family camping was poor lots of hills massive ques for toilets in the morning noise after the curfew and the walk to the village was not too bad at all although we got there Wednesday afternoon and there was plenty of space but come friday morning it was rammed.

Me and my son who is 13 have stayed in family camping for the past 4 years i think since he came home in 05 or 06 and told his mum we nearly got blown up by some dick heads in the tents next to us. Last year family camping was poor lots of hills massive ques for toilets in the morning noise after the curfew and the walk to the village was not too bad at all although we got there Wednesday afternoon and there was plenty of space but come friday morning it was rammed.