Grand Finale Festival 2011

Guest mwisby

Rumoured to have some pretty big bands playing in an intimate venue. Also looks like tickets are cheaper than a Pontins weekend holiday!! No tents, no warm beer and a swimming pool. I'm certainly there!

Early bird tickets are cheap and available now it seems, not sure when they'll go up in price!

Rumoured to have some pretty big bands playing in an intimate venue. Also looks like tickets are cheaper than a Pontins weekend holiday!! No tents, no warm beer and a swimming pool. I'm certainly there!

Early bird tickets are cheap and available now it seems, not sure when they'll go up in price!

Is this the thing that's going to be at Pontins, Clacton? Sounds interesting - not having to brave the mud and rain - and proper facilities! :D The only thing is, there's no clue as to what type of music will be featured - 'some pretty bigs bands' could mean anything - is it folk, dance, indie, rock, pop, tribute bands or, horror of horrors, 80's retro bands? :unsure:

It's Pontins at Camber Sands and going from the artists already announced its going to be Rock, Punk and Indie. I'm sure they'll announce more soon

I think that was A1. Haha, no 'A' did that song Nothing.

Looking at their website, there are about 5 bands confirmed already. Rumour has it that Hundred Reasons would play after 'A'. Will have to wait for an official announcement though I guess. I have heard rumours of Biffy Clyro too, but who knows?!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been suggested to eFestivals that 'mwisby' is actually the guy behind this festival. We don't know for certain that this is the case, but it does look like it might be. The promoter of this festival is a guy called Mike Wisby.

If that's indeed true, then it might be wise of people to consider why he's deliberately misleading people by posting in a way that suggests he's simply someone interested in going to this festival.

Hi there,

I have just read this thread and allow me to clear things up.

I AM MIKE WISBY, and yes I am one of the organisers of said festival, however mwisby is nothing to do with the festival. mwisby is annoyingly a cousin of mine who I asked to spread the word, it does seem however he was wrong!

None of the "information" he has provided is correct. Please only rely on the official website and our page on the efestival listings. However saying that I'm sure most of you would have realised that any information talked about on forums is merely rumour and hearsay.

Looking at what he's said, it seems he has direct quoted some private emails so I will be having stong words. Only when contracts are signed a press release will be sent to efestivals so the information on their website is correct.

Hope this clears a few things up.

Mike Wisby

Grand Finale Festival

• 3 weeks later...