lock up 2011

Guest rivalschools.price

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You right, punk is a gernre of music and nothing else. I always laugh when people bang on about well that band is more punk than that band. The point of punk was a DIY ethic so to conform to the standards of what is punk is pointless in itself. If you look at some of the great Punk bands like Crass (friendly with Hippies), Minor Threat (wrote racist songs), The Clash (signed to a major label), Stiff Little Fingers (reformed soley for quick cash) and so on are hypocritcs to conformed idea of what is punk, just take it for what it is and nothing more.

You right, punk is a gernre of music and nothing else. I always laugh when people bang on about well that band is more punk than that band. The point of punk was a DIY ethic so to conform to the standards of what is punk is pointless in itself. If you look at some of the great Punk bands like Crass (friendly with Hippies), Minor Threat (wrote racist songs), The Clash (signed to a major label), Stiff Little Fingers (reformed soley for quick cash) and so on are hypocritcs to conformed idea of what is punk, just take it for what it is and nothing more.

I always though Big D & The Kids Table summed it up nicely...

"In the scene I stand, I'm surrounded by a book

A list of things I'm not, rebellion models think I should

Be what they are, what they want me to be

Now what the f**k is that, would you accept me? Me? No!"

• 1 month later...

It was about 2 years ago as they wanted to play the Astoria before it was torn down, they haven't even toured the last album over here.

On a side note Matt Freeman's side project Devil's Brigade are playing over here next month, I've got tixs but haven't bothered checking out if the band is any good yet.

Ahahahahahaha. No.

Dropkicks will be on mainstage. Possibally a double set with lockup.

2010 - Gogol Bordello

2008 - Dropkick Murphys

2007 - Gogol BOrdello

2006 - Flogging Molly

2005 - Dropkick Murphys

2004 - Dropkick Murphys

For the past 6 years there has been an Irish/gypsy style band on mainstage. I cant see this changing. Its a good way to break up the day a bit. I'd also argue dropkicks are more of a family band than other lockup headliners, I cant see a standard family with day tickets being crushed into a tent to see a fairly mainstream band?

Ahahahahahaha. No.

Dropkicks will be on mainstage. Possibally a double set with lockup.

2010 - Gogol Bordello

2008 - Dropkick Murphys

2007 - Gogol BOrdello

2006 - Flogging Molly

2005 - Dropkick Murphys

2004 - Dropkick Murphys

For the past 6 years there has been an Irish/gypsy style band on mainstage. I cant see this changing. Its a good way to break up the day a bit. I'd also argue dropkicks are more of a family band than other lockup headliners, I cant see a standard family with day tickets being crushed into a tent to see a fairly mainstream band?

My top 10 bands I want to see on Lock Up this year...

1, Mighty Mighty Bosstones

2, Million Dead

3, Transplants

4, Capdown

5, Big D & The Kids Table

6, Suicide Bid

7, Skindred

8, Streetlight Manifesto

9, Dropkick Murphys

10, Skints

I don't care if it's likely or not.

Edited by jump