Caravans delivered to site

Guest reallife

Has anyone ever had a caravan/motorhome delivered to site? If so, who from, was it worth it etc?

We took our VW this year but there's 4 of us now and I don't know if I want to drive a 4 birth hired motorhome all the way from Cheshire and back.

Thanks

I drove our hired motorhome from Liverpool and back and it was a doddle. I'm only used to driving a two-seater sports car and I had no issues at all apart from not taking a few of the kerbs wide enough!! :rolleyes:

I've never seen companies that deliver motorhomes as an aside but it seems like it would be a total hassle as you would have to park in the normal carparks and lug all your stuff because you won't be able to park a car alongside a motorhome like you can do with a caravan.

There have allegedly been a number of problems with a certain company that delivered caravans to site this year. There is lots of information in these forums about it. I would stay away from this idea unless you really do not have a better option.

I drive a motorhome every year from Derby or Telford to Glasto and back and there is no problems. The roads are all fine, they arent difficult to drive unless it gets really really windy.

• 1 month later...

We took our VW last year all the way from Leeds at 55mph and it was fine. Granted there was only 2 of us but there will be 4 this year and the drive down is one of bits i'm looking forward to most. Rather than shell out to hire something why not buy a decent awning so the extra 2 of you can sleep in that. It'll be a lot cheaper (£250) for a decent one from just kampers and you can use it loads to get your monies worth.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a VW type 25 but it is too small for the 2 of us to sleep in due to the layout, we have taken an awning before and never been asked or checked on to see if we were sleeping in it, so that might be worth a chance, last time we took a smallish tent and put it up behind the van to sleep in and that worked fine, we could use the rollout awning as well. 2 cheaper alternatives to renting a big expensive motorhome that may help you.