Sziget 2011

Guest kaisherz

Wino would have been good to see for a song, just to see what state she was in but didnt think she should have been a headliner anyway.

defo dont want the kaisers headlinin. yawn.

now, if the did pull the foo's out the bag then it would be awesome. although not sure that wino could ever be in the same sort of league as the foo's. just hope they do get someone though and dont just bump up the current list!

not long to go now anyway. soooooo excited now!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Sziget veterans, a couple of questions. I've been watching Glaso on the TV over the weekend, and wonder about size comparisons with Sziget? In terms of main stage action, is it difficult to get toward the front? In Rock en Seine last year, it was always easy, if you went along the side toward the front.

The area of Sziget is big but not quite as huge as Glastonbury. Sziget is 266 acres compared with Glasto's 900 according to wiki. Be prepared to do a lot of walking in the week you are there tho and i advise comfortable shoes. It is easy enough to get towards the front of the main stage for an act you want to see as long as you get there about an hour or two before they start. I found last year the crowd dispersed a good bit in the gaps between each act at the main stage. However, at Iron Maiden we didn't head round early enough and could get nowhere near the front.

I hope The National will be headlining on the Sunday night.

Has anyone any idea when the line up for day zero will be announced? Pretty sure the reggae celebration last year was announced a good few months in advance.

Only 6 weeks to go! :D

My link

programme times up. wino still to be replaced so looks like they won't just bump the Kaisers up thankfully.

White Lies headlining on the Sunday. good for them.

can't wait for this fest now!!

ps not sure if my link or copy of link will work, but you get the idea! :)

oh i see, i should have headed it with something other than the pre populated 'my link' title. oops!

Edited by pumpkinprincess1

ah it's nearly THAT time again!

wondering who the mysterious missing headliner will be.....

U2?

Radioheed?

Stone Roses reformed?!

The Smiths reformed?!

just as long at it's not effing beyonce.....

Well one things for sure. We need a new Saturday night headliner. I dont think just ANYONE will do, but the fact they booked wino in the first place to headline puts a downer on the potential of it being someone insane.

break the bank and get me Muse, KOL or Radiohead. Or Foos. I dont mind, anyone will do.

Howdy everyone, I've never been to Sziget and have a few spare days holiday to potentially take between now and probably September-ish; I was intending to go on holiday solo but can't go too far afield to anywhere sort of solo-traveller/backpacker friendly given time and budget constraints so does anyone reckon Sziget is somewhere you can go on your own quite happily, making friends/finding gig buddies and what-have-you when there? Cheers folks.

If you look at the price bracket for the headliner bookings, I think you can forget any of the big names suggested. Apart from Pulp, Chems, and Prodigy I presume the most of my fun will be away from the main stage as it is at all Festivals.

Howdy everyone, I've never been to Sziget and have a few spare days holiday to potentially take between now and probably September-ish; I was intending to go on holiday solo but can't go too far afield to anywhere sort of solo-traveller/backpacker friendly given time and budget constraints so does anyone reckon Sziget is somewhere you can go on your own quite happily, making friends/finding gig buddies and what-have-you when there? Cheers folks.

Hello, it has just dawned on my boyfriend and I that there is really not long to go until Sziget at all!! :D We fly from Edinburgh on the 7th. Quick question- I thought I remembered reading a while back that tickets for day -1 and day 0 were cheaper- somewhere in the region of €20, but all the info says a day ticket is €45. We have non camping tickets so intended to get day tickets for day -1 and day 0 when they became available. Not complaining as the value for money is still stupendous compared to the UK festival we were going to go to this year (TITP), but can someone who has been before maybe clear up when these day tickets will go on sale and how much they are likely to be? Cheers, can't wait!! :)