This Madonna rumour..

Guest PaulieV

It's bugging me.

I'm of the mind that all music is welcomed at Glasto. Remember when Shirley Bassey played? I kept seeing notices, "please don't throw mud at Shirley Bassey" but in the end, everyone loved her. As if the Glasto crowd would be rude like that!

Glasto isn't V, if you don't like the music you just move on until you do, but Madonna. I don't know. There's no humility there in her act she could really turn the crowd against her, but then she can really put on a good show. I thought her appearance on Live Earth was great so who knows.

Do these popstars really fit into Glasto? I suppose when Jacko died we were all dancing to his music so I suppose you never can tell. Anyway, it's a good topic for discussion and hopefully take peoples' minds off the fallout from ticket day

I feel I should qualify this post before I kick off so it doesn't sound like a pointless jibe. Here goes.

I try not to be sectarian as a rule, in any walk of life and very much practice a live and let live attitude. Musically, I'd say I'm even more open minded and relaxed and I will genuinely give anything a listen before deciding whether I like something/someone/some band or not.

However.

There are 2 things that really get my goat in music. The first is the game-show-reality-TV-manufactured-star-for-6-months bollocks that Cowell et al pump out (for obvious reasons). The other is Madonna.

I really really can't see the attraction. I think she's completely devoid of talent in all areas apart from self-promotion and always has been. I don't see how someone who is an average pub singer at best can have carved out such a long and lucrative career, just by finding ways of whoring herself round the world's PR. Given that she'd undoubtedly be asking for a fat fee I think she'd be a huge waste of money for Glasto.

(and I think she's a butt ugly gap toothed child stealing witch but that's beside the point.)