Was there much trouble getting out of the car park?

Guest themuel

We had to leave just before the levellers finished last night as we had to catch a train (Only missed the last ten minutes) and the car parks looked like after a few cars they might become a bit troublesome. We got out with no problems at all luckily but wondered whether anyone got stuck? I really hope the answer is no!

Edited by themuel

Got the car packed by about 11:30 today. We were in the very far car park nearest the A303 and got off site within a minute. No queue and straight onto the junction by the 303. I was cursing the decision to put early arrivers so far away from site, but getting out was much easier than previous years...

Got the car packed by about 11:30 today. We were in the very far car park nearest the A303 and got off site within a minute. No queue and straight onto the junction by the 303. I was cursing the decision to put early arrivers so far away from site, but getting out was much easier than previous years...

Glad there were no issues for people getting out. Had to leave early just after the fireworks to drive 350 miles back to Liverpool! Car parks looked flooded in places, indeed we were sliding about all over the place to get across the field and down the hill to the exit. Couldn't believe the rain driving back - wondered how wet it was at the site but sounds like it dried up OK by the mid morning.

Glad there were no issues for people getting out. Had to leave early just after the fireworks to drive 350 miles back to Liverpool! Car parks looked flooded in places, indeed we were sliding about all over the place to get across the field and down the hill to the exit. Couldn't believe the rain driving back - wondered how wet it was at the site but sounds like it dried up OK by the mid morning.

We were at the far end of the field where the exit was, in the first row of cars to be parked in that field.

We joined the queue moving along the centre of the field towards the exit at 9.45 and were still there two and a half hours later, along with about another 20 or so cars who simply could not move because of the other cars joining the central stream from closer to the exit and the gates to the fields on either side.

We sat there and watched the field empty in front of us, completely unable to move.

Several of us went to the front to speak to stewards who prioritised the central stream, which made no difference whatsoever to those stuck at the far end, because they never stopped cars joining the queue closer to the exit.

In the end, several of us physically blocked the queue jumping cars by standing in front of them.

Fraser, the Oxfam supervisor who came on shift at noon, was the only one of the three stewards we spoke to who seemed to understand what the problem was and did what he could to address it.

So - next year, perhaps some directional signs or roping off would be in order, certainly more stewards, and preferably some at the far end of the fields instead of all being in a huddle at the exit!

And while I'm here, if the lady who's car I was stood in front of for 15 mins is reading this, thanks for not getting too cross!

We were at the far end of the field where the exit was, in the first row of cars to be parked in that field.

We joined the queue moving along the centre of the field towards the exit at 9.45 and were still there two and a half hours later, along with about another 20 or so cars who simply could not move because of the other cars joining the central stream from closer to the exit and the gates to the fields on either side.

We sat there and watched the field empty in front of us, completely unable to move.

Several of us went to the front to speak to stewards who prioritised the central stream, which made no difference whatsoever to those stuck at the far end, because they never stopped cars joining the queue closer to the exit.

In the end, several of us physically blocked the queue jumping cars by standing in front of them.

Fraser, the Oxfam supervisor who came on shift at noon, was the only one of the three stewards we spoke to who seemed to understand what the problem was and did what he could to address it.

So - next year, perhaps some directional signs or roping off would be in order, certainly more stewards, and preferably some at the far end of the fields instead of all being in a huddle at the exit!

And while I'm here, if the lady who's car I was stood in front of for 15 mins is reading this, thanks for not getting too cross!