White campsite.....

Guest breeder

Hope someone replies to this soon cos i want to know as well. Gonna be my first year camping in white... my mate stayed over there in 2007 and she said there was loads of space. I suspect it's going to be popular this year though because of the amount of people getting fed up with all the trouble on the sun night.

I never thought i'd be camping in the so-called "quiet" campsite, (i always used to camp i green) but after getting woken up at 3 in the morning with a massive fire right behind my tent and my friend saying he just got into an argument with someone who thought it was perfectly fine to set fire to his tent when it was literally about 10 inches away from his own (cos "i can't be arsed to take it home") i'm more than happy to be moving across the river.

I remember reading on these forums last year just after the festival and i got the impression that a lot of people are planning to do the same as me this year.

I'm planning to get there wed morning, in the hope we might be let in slightly earlier than the main site cos obviously it won't take as long to get ready for everyone coming in. Does anyone know what time they opened white last year?

Looking forward to camping over the river this year.... looks like it's gonna be a sound group of people :)

my first time in white this year as well, i spent one year in red and then went in green last year which was a nightmare with the amount of utter morons burning stuff and rampaging. not my idea of fun! no one else will move to White with me so i will be on my todd but quite frankly it's worth it to have a bit of kip without wondering what the idiots are going to be up to every night!

From the sounds of it i don't reckon there's anything that would attract any of the pyromaniac kids over to white. I think the fact that a lot of people who will be camping there are doing so because they're fed up of the trouble in the main campsites means anyone would be pretty brave/stupid to try anything. Also, with the campervan field, myhabs and tangerine fields being in white there must be extra security.

It's such a shame that people feel the need to set fire to things in order to enjoy their last night. I know it's always been a bit of a tradition with reading but not to the extent it is now. When i first went in 2000 the most that happened was a few toilets getting pushed over and generally being a bit noisier!

Sure the kids will be fine.... i'm hoping it's gonna be more of a glastonbury vibe across the river :)

From the sounds of it i don't reckon there's anything that would attract any of the pyromaniac kids over to white. I think the fact that a lot of people who will be camping there are doing so because they're fed up of the trouble in the main campsites means anyone would be pretty brave/stupid to try anything. Also, with the campervan field, myhabs and tangerine fields being in white there must be extra security.

It's such a shame that people feel the need to set fire to things in order to enjoy their last night. I know it's always been a bit of a tradition with reading but not to the extent it is now. When i first went in 2000 the most that happened was a few toilets getting pushed over and generally being a bit noisier!

Sure the kids will be fine.... i'm hoping it's gonna be more of a glastonbury vibe across the river :)

Yep, gone are the days when you were looking forward to who your neighbours were gonna be and having a laugh with new people. Nowadays when people rock up and camp next to you you're just sat there thinking "Are you gonna try to set fire to me on the last night?" :P

Brilliant, yeah the worst that happened when I used to camp was some poor bugger woke up to the front of his car covered in melted portaloo :D

Kids are very young though, so I do have a backup plan if I think things are getting hairy, my mum will come and collect them, fingers crossed it wont come to that though as they are so excited.

If you see 2 mums with 4 kids in white come say hello :D

Will do :)

Yeah, i remember one year my car got covered in mustard that someone had nicked from one of the burger stalls :D

I'm sure it'll be fine on the last night with the kids but may be a bit hairy walking back through the campsites though. I'm wondering if you can walk up cow lane and out of the gate next to the thames and walk along the river back to white or if you have to walk out through the brown campsite?

I had thought of the journey back on the sunday night, and thats exactly what we are hoping to do, it will be easier even if its a longer walk as we will have 2 pushchairs, we will stick some headlamps on the older 2 and hope that people use common sense and at least let us get back to our tents before they start lighting things..... we will def hang around in the arena for a bit to let the main bulk of the crowd disperse before we try and make our way back, I reckon we will be fine :)

Yeah, that's what we usually do. Once the last band's finished we usually sit down and have a coffee from one of the stalls... the guy i was talking to on the stall last year even gave me a free brownie!

Hope everyone has a great and hassle free weekend :)

Brilliant, yeah the worst that happened when I used to camp was some poor bugger woke up to the front of his car covered in melted portaloo :D

Kids are very young though, so I do have a backup plan if I think things are getting hairy, my mum will come and collect them, fingers crossed it wont come to that though as they are so excited.

If you see 2 mums with 4 kids in white come say hello :D

Been in White the last 3 years and have enjoyed it so much more than any other time, especially as the moron factor has multiplied. I've gone every year on the Thursday morning and had no problem just rolling into the field and finding a decent spot. What usually happens is that people park their car there, then try and get somewhere closer, so it looks like a lot of folks will be staying there but the vast majority just pass on through. Never had an ounce of trouble there in the 3 years and people actually quieten down too so it's easy to get a good nights kip

• 3 weeks later...

Had a brilliant time in white camp... definitely going to camp there again next year. As long as I don't bump into the sex pest near the toilets who offered me his "services in licking" again! :lol:

Didn't think the walk was too bad at all actually...

Hope everyone else had a great time :)