Problems at work

Guest Lithium05

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so f**king horrible that employers can try to seriously f**k up someones employment chances in an attempt to keep face and cover their arses! Disgusting!

Yep, but no doubt if you were an employer you'd do the same. ;)

While I'm 100% behind the laws that tie their hands in what they're able or not to do to employees, there's always a flip side in that it requires employers to cover their arses for their own sake.

I feel for you Lithium. I had a horrible job saga where they tried to dismiss me 3 or 4 months back. people are here were really helpful in the end.

Anyway, what i did was go down the grievance procedure first and foremost. If you have actually been hard done to (and it sounds like you have) then it's the best place to start. They will put a hold on all disciplinary proceedings whilst this happens and at the very least you'll have some time to find another job. That's what I did and it worked, the company admitted fault, my manager had to apologise, i got a bunch of written apologies, they retracted about half of what was said and i got 4 days off paid suspension with no consequence.

Thing is, if that works then do you really want to stay there. I didn't. I have a new job now and it just feels so much better to not be in that shit hole anymore. The atmosphere changed, suddenly the managers who didn't know me knew me as the guy who beat them and treated me like scum.

I would do anything you can to keep hold of the job for as long as possible but from the sounds of it mate you need to get out. Your posts certainly don't read like those of a happy, fulfilled man. Do what you need to do money wise but get out asap.

Apparently they felt it was unfair for me to continue at the job under so much pressure and it would be better for me in the long run to look for employment elsewhere. A colleague has sided with me (she accompanied me to the meeting) and has already spoken to a lawyer about the apparent "constructive dismissal" on the part of the company as she has proof that we were being unfairly treated compared to the people who are being given enough work to meet their targets. She is convinced that she will be given the boot in the next few weeks and that our job is about to be outsourced to Vietnam (there is ALOT of evidence pointing to this)

Am sorting out my own legal help, have a number to call for a "no win no fee" employment lawyer, so hopefully I have a case, but for now I'm just gonna try and sort out going back to my old job at a theatre bar to keep the monies coming in and look for something better somewhere down the line.

Trouble is i've got nowt in the way of qualifications, and I have no idea what I would be happy doing as a career at 25. All things I need to consider.

Ouch, sounds like complete bullshit but anyway time to move on.

I'd suggest you sign onto the dole asap as they don't back date money and jump straight into looking for some work/meeting as many recruitment agencies as you can now as you don't want to be stuck at home over thinking things.

Ouch, sounds like complete bullshit but anyway time to move on.

I'd suggest you sign onto the dole asap as they don't back date money and jump straight into looking for some work/meeting as many recruitment agencies as you can now as you don't want to be stuck at home over thinking things.

Edited by oafc0000