Getting to the station after bands on Sunday

Guest somecoolusername

Hi, so this year will be my fifth Reading, but my group usually leaves in the early hours of Monday morning and has no trouble getting out/to the station and onto a train to London (we usually get a cab down). However, this year I have holiday commitments (it's a hard life), so need to get up to Cornwall asap after the festival. I have checked the train times and there is a sleeper that leaves Reading at 00.37, then not another one until about 7.30 am. I can't just turn up and pay because it costs a small fortune, so would need to book my ticket in advance, so was wondering whether it would be physically possible to get out and to the station after the bands (I'll probably be watching Klaxons on the NME, but may be dragged to the main stage for Blink). And if this won't be possible, how early would I need to leave to ensure I get the train?

Any help/advice from those more experienced than myself greatly appreciated!

I'd say it would be possible to get back to the train station after the headliners before 00:37am. Headliners will finish at 11-11.30pm so you'll have plenty of time. What I suggest you do though, is about 3 songs left of the set make your way to as far back of the crowd as you can, and then as soon as they finish head off to try and beat the crowds out of the arena. if you can get out of the arena before most people, then getting out of the campsite, and then through town to the station shouldnt be too bad.

If it's just you, it should be no problem. Head straight out the exit to the left of the main stage once the headliners are finished. You'll have plenty of time to get there, even if you walk.

If you have camping gear to collect and stuff I'm not so sure - I'm a local and don't camp, so maybe someone else can help on the front.