HELP!

Guest cejx

In brief.

• Friends had 2 tickets delivered 2 weeks ago.

• The cleaner signed for the tickets WITHOUT id of the person who bought the tickets.

• Tickets gone missing. House torn apart to find them. Tickets most definitely gone. Cleaner not stolen them, they've clearly been chucked out in error. :(

Is there any come back as tickets were signed for without id (and in cleaners name)? Friend clutching at straws I realise.

Friend going out of her head with disappointment and worry. Can anyone offer any advice.

Ta v much Efest community.

In brief.

• Friends had 2 tickets delivered 2 weeks ago.

• The cleaner signed for the tickets WITHOUT id of the person who bought the tickets.

• Tickets gone missing. House torn apart to find them. Tickets most definitely gone. Cleaner not stolen them, they've clearly been chucked out in error. :(

Is there any come back as tickets were signed for without id (and in cleaners name)? Friend clutching at straws I realise.

Friend going out of her head with disappointment and worry. Can anyone offer any advice.

Ta v much Efest community.

Tell the cleaner she's sacked unless she finds them, but seriously I honestly dont think there is much you can do, maybe contact see or the Glastonbury office and see

if they could send a replacement and void the other one? Just a thought, and really she needs to try everything, I've heard of people going to the local recycling centre and looking for them etc, good luck

nope - unless they go to the police and get a crime ref number to prove that this is the case.

Its shit really as in theory there is one ticket per person with that photograph on it - and if an airline can issue you a duplicate, a music festival should be able to do the same. Shit happens and it is a potentially costly error... boo hiss.

if they sent out a duplicate to everybody who says they've lost it then people could ask for duplicates and then sell them on to somebody similar looking, hense creating a problem

it is a real pickle though. i'd die if this happend. i really can't think of anything that can be done, other than claiming to have never had the tickets (and considering no ID was asked and they gave it to a cleaner, a random person, there's no proof that your friend has ever had the tickets)

Your Friend has a Cleaner! OOOooo fancy pants!

Could you not say that the person who signed for them was not authorised to do so and as such in their eyes they were not delivered.

Just a thought.

However this does seem to be a deep hole from which it may be difficult to climb out off as they will not be re issued.

Will I need to show any ID?

On the initial delivery to the original address, anyone can sign for your tickets. If the initial delivery is not successful, when you organise a redelivery you or anyone at your address will need to show your ID to the Secure delivery agent, this can be a Passport, Government ID Card, Driving License, valid Debit or Credit card

if they sent out a duplicate to everybody who says they've lost it then people could ask for duplicates and then sell them on to somebody similar looking, hense creating a problem

it is a real pickle though. i'd die if this happend. i really can't think of anything that can be done, other than claiming to have never had the tickets (and considering no ID was asked and they gave it to a cleaner, a random person, there's no proof that your friend has ever had the tickets)

Damn that is harsh :( . You can try talking to Glasto direct but I wouldn't hold out much help. If you go to see claiming you never received the tickets you are opening up a can of worms if they look into it closely and is effectivly fraud you're committing. Glastonbury are unlilkely to reissue the tickets because (unlike an plane where everyone has a seat) someone else could use the original ticket even though it is their picture.

I know I'm helping much, my advise is to be careful what kind of story you spin to see as it could get you into trouble. I did something similar a couple of years back when looking for my passport the day before a flight. Sufice to say I didn't go and my girlfiend was less than pleased with me. <_<

I have no experience of this (so I don't really know why I'm replying) but I would contact the festival directly. They are human beings, they know how much the festival means to people. I would just try and appeal to their compassionate side and then follow any advice they give out.

I would be very suprised if they don't have some form of procedure for this sort of thing.

or lie to seetickets as suggested..

Your Friend has a Cleaner! OOOooo fancy pants!

Could you not say that the person who signed for them was not authorised to do so and as such in their eyes they were not delivered.

Just a thought.

However this does seem to be a deep hole from which it may be difficult to climb out off as they will not be re issued.

However its not looking promissing sorry.... :(:(:(:(

Damn that is harsh :( . You can try talking to Glasto direct but I wouldn't hold out much help. If you go to see claiming you never received the tickets you are opening up a can of worms if they look into it closely and is effectivly fraud you're committing. Glastonbury are unlilkely to reissue the tickets because (unlike an plane where everyone has a seat) someone else could use the original ticket even though it is their picture.

I know I'm helping much, my advise is to be careful what kind of story you spin to see as it could get you into trouble. I did something similar a couple of years back when looking for my passport the day before a flight. Sufice to say I didn't go and my girlfiend was less than pleased with me. <_<

I wonder why they don't do that already. I've been to lots of gigs and a few day-long 'festivals' where they use that method. It would certainly help in situations like this.

So what happened between the tickets being delivered two weeks ago and your friend now realising that they have gone missing? Not sure we're getting the full story here...

This is awful, I can think of nothing worse, I hope there is some way around this mess or that they turn up somewhere.

*Goes off to check tickets are still in the box within a box in a very safe place where I put them as soon as they were delivered*

The trouble is that there is no bar code on the tickets.

Glasto cant cancel tickets, because without a bar code it is impossible to stop them being used. The guys on the gate just dont have enough time to check individual ticket numbers.

This isn't gonna make them feel any better, but i have a story that shows just how rubbish the system is.

We have friends who bought tickets back October but later on they decided they just couldn't afford it. They left it to the last possible day, but with a very heavy heart they cancelled their tickets. They got their refund a week later.

Well, you can guess what's coming, week before last their tickets were delivered.

So, they are going to the ball. Free and by the generosity of See and Glasto. With no bar code, no one on the gate can possibly know.

I really feel for your friends. Personally, i would get a crime number and report them stolen. It probably wont work, but of all plans, it probably has the most chance.