Cheap crappy phone

Guest fdc

I was reading the phone charger thread, getting a bit bewildered at people talking about taking their iPhones etc to the festival - do you people know how to not lose things or something? :P If I take my HTC with me it would be broken before I'd finished my first beer.

Anyway, I'm think I'll buy a really cheap pay-as-you go phone for me and for my girlfriend, so that we can find each other if/when we get split up. I'm hoping too that these should have a far better battery life.

So, where is the best place to find the above? I'm sure I've seen people with phones for under a tenner, but not sure where to find them?

Edited by fdc

You'll need to prime the battery so better buy now to give you time, argos always have something for under £20

Also - you can pick up spare batteries on ebay for not much - always good to have as a backup - but yeah you want to charge and run down the phone and batteries a few times before glasto - they store far more juice if you do that.

You'll need to prime the battery so better buy now to give you time, argos always have something for under £20

Any particular reason why? Lithium Ion has no memory effect of any kind. Charging and dis-charging just for fun will reduce capacity. Some devices require the battery charge indicator to be conditioned, that happens naturally as the battery is charged to full, and as it is depleted, the worst that will happen is the indicator may be off for the first time or two use of a new battery. It will not affect how long the device works for.

Where is the best place to get a 15 pound phone at? I think I will get one for the festival, but I am not sure where to find it London. I have never been to London and arrive from Texas and have Tuesday to get any Glasto supplies Im not bringing. Staying by Heathrow, but will venture out for a little while Tuesday.

Cool, I will try and check it out.

I still have some odds and ends to buy in London or at the festival and that sounds like a good bet.

About the only worry I have at Glasto is losing the friend I'm with. Its bound to happen at some point. This is the best backup plan.