anyone care to make a full festival republic lineup prediction?

Guest Fest

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never normally go to the FR stage.

Although I never normally do to the NME stage either. Hopefully they shall have a few supprises for us to make up for the weak LockUp :P

Bands I''d like to see.

Frightened Rabit

Family Force 5

Marina and the diamonds

Passion Pit <---- playing V so pretty unlikley, and probally too big.

The Pretty Wreckless

Random Hand

Quite looking forward to the stage being anounced. I think FR must have some supprises for us still :P

Edited by ska_4_life

Im really hoping the sunshine underground headline (preferably the sunday). They got a solid crowd in the NME tent the last time they played in 07, have released a new album this year and are adopted local lads for leeds and from what iv heard, they always get a great reception down south.

no way RBF will headline the FR tent. or Ash. I'd love both, notwithstanding the fact I have 3 headliners to watch, but they're way too big for that tent. it will not happen, if it does I'll attempt to eat a dozen pickled eggs and wash it down with a bottle of Jaegermeister. maybe 1 bigish band under Bad religion as there is a slot or two to fill on the lock up but doubt it'll be RBF or anyone that's not playing. Lagwagon wou;ld be sweeet! :P

as for FR headliners. Marina and the diamonds seems a good shout but no way I'd see her over A3 or BR or B182. other than that, no idea... :P

Ash, Mark Lenagan, General fiasco, Pulled apart by horses, The Joy formidable, Gramatics, And so I watch you from afar, Pegasus Bridge, Egyptian Hip hop, Wolf Gang,

The XX, Metric, Tinnie Tempah, Darwin Deez, Flying lotus, f**k buttons, Errors, Caribou, Esbden & the witch, Sweet babboo, Jonquil, Worriedaboutsatan

Marina & the diamonds, Midlake, Detroit social club, Minus the bear, My passion, The Chapman Family, We have band, Daminal Kingdom, Soft toy emergency, Paper route, While she sleeps

I can't see Ash playing. I've said it before but they've got to be way too big. they packed the NME tent only about 3-4 years back and are massively popular with Reading crowd in general. possibly could've played the lock up but that would be a squeeze. the FR tent is tiny!

Marina and the diamonds seem more plausible but still quite popular - maybe less so than Ash with festival crowds though.

Frightened Rabbit is the only other band I can think of at the moment. unless Hot Hot Heat come back. that was a great set a few years back :)

I'd say we're looking at Marina and the Diamonds, Ellie Goulding, Metric, The XX, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Joy Formidable, Stornoway, Darwin Deez, Grizzly Bear, Hurts, Cobra Starship, possibly that Giggs bloke.

Also, Joshua Radin will either be at V or R/L. My dad went to his gig in Manchester and he said he'd be back for festivals, but pops couldn't remember which ones!!!!