Bands to Replace U2...

Guest bigtitt

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're playing Prague on the Thursday, Paris on the Saturday, and Nancy on the Sunday. May be a challenge playing four nights on the run, getting their stuff there, insurance etc

Yeah OK. Wasn't trying to blame anyone. Especially not the organisers. I'm sure they'll do the best they can, given the time available.

Was just a bit surprised about other posts that said Dizzie Rascal had been asked to fill the slot and they'd all just shuffle up the bill. But it seems that's not the case. Sorry.

it has to be someone with a big pair to take U2 slot ,i would say Led zep and Bowie are unlikely at best, prince and stones to much, so Coldplay,Radiohead,Gorrilaz or my personnel bet Them crooked vultures gotta be the choices

just thought of another not my favourite but what about Queen..

Edited by youngatheart

I'm not even going to Glasto this year, but am still totally gutted that U2 aren't playing...

Anyway, on with the speculation...

Radiohead - Would pull out an absolute beast of a performance, and one of the only bands IMO who would be able to make the 40th anniversary as special as U2...

Led Zep - Would be amazing...But really unlikely

Coldplay - Fairly likely, but wouldn't be all that amazing.

Gorillaz - I'd love this, but I think that if they were headlining Glasto, they'd have liked to get the 3d animations going, which is almost impossible in such a small space of time.

Dizzie - Would definitely get the crowd going, but I'm not sure he's everyone's cup of tea :P

Hard choice for the Eavii!