Glasto Horror Stories

Guest Jonny Hobbs

some one stood on my head through the tent the one year we camped near the pyramid. I could go due to work till friday morning so gave a mate the tent to take down. he got there first thing wednesday and put it in the busiest spot he could find.

really don't see the facination with camping at the popular spots when other areas have 10 x more room and 10 x less idiots.

some one stood on my head through the tent the one year we camped near the pyramid. I could go due to work till friday morning so gave a mate the tent to take down. he got there first thing wednesday and put it in the busiest spot he could find.

really don't see the facination with camping at the popular spots when other areas have 10 x more room and 10 x less idiots.

You can buy a proper money belt - not one of those pouches, an actual belt that have a tiny pocket in for cash (notes) - looks just like a normal belt, and since I always wear one I always have my cash on me, and always safe. Just keep what I need in my small wallet, so if I loose that I haven't lost everything!

But still, soon as you get there have a small rucksack ready - fill with your car keys, house keys, spare cash card and anything else you won't need, or don't want right now, (and maybe even a dry, clean pair or pants socks and a shirt) and stick it in the lock up. You can grab that stuff whenever you need it, but so nice knowing it's all safe and taken care of (and that no matter how we you and your tent get, there are some dry bits out there waiting for you!)

• 9 years later...
On 5/30/2010 at 9:59 PM, mwillo said:

On my very first night in 2005 i had over indukged a bit and as a result was out for the count in my tent.

my mate told me in the morning that while i was asleep he had to stop some guy getting into my tent,

i was lucky he was awake and just sitting in his porch.

since then i have been quite paranoid and have used a tent with a big porch.

i feel a bit safer in the knowledge that if anyone gets into the tent they have to go through 2 zips.

i never leave anything in the porch area, and always leave the tent in a mess.

What I do is buy a rape alarm, then put it on the zips, so any motherfucka will set it off if they try. I only do it at nights

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sdsm123 said:

What I do is buy a rape alarm, then put it on the zips, so any motherfucka will set it off if they try. I only do it at nights

Good idea. I've never knowingly had anyone in my tent or try to get in while sleeping, I always camp in Hitchin Hill.