7 venues cancelled?

Guest plaskins

Just got back from a gig tonight. Spoke to a band member who was down for playing three times this year. Turns out they are only playing twice now, due to lack of sponsorship for 7 minor stages. Didn't give names of stages, but what do you think of this?

Bit shit I reckon. Hope it's not Little boots.. lol great bacon butties there too :P

Just got back from a gig tonight. Spoke to a band member who was down for playing three times this year. Turns out they are only playing twice now, due to lack of sponsorship for 7 minor stages. Didn't give names of stages, but what do you think of this?

Bit shit I reckon. Hope it's not Little boots.. lol great bacon butties there too :P

It looks as there's at least that many replaced, with Leftfield, 4 in the Common (not including what looks like an Arcadia shaped blob, and stages in The Unfair Ground)), and 3 in Block 9, that's 8 new ones.

Edited by 5co77ie

It looks as there's at least that many replaced, with Leftfield, 4 in the Common (not including what looks like an Arcadia shaped blob, and stages in The Unfair Ground)), and 3 in Block 9, that's 8 new ones.

The "Clapped Out stage" is one, although it was just a performers and crew stage.

This is the latest blog from mark blacker who ran it

"Clapped Out R.I.P

The powers that be have made sure there will be no more Clapped Out with the field we were in being given to Shangri-la and Trash City who have their own agendas .

I suspect that as we were a non money making venture there was no "angle" to take advantage of .

I am trying to launch a new project called The Mess Tent using an army marquee in the new camping field we are moving to. However the powers that be are out to scupper this before it gets off the ground despite overcoming budget objections by financing it ourselves. Scrape a little below the surface at an event like this and you see the ugly side of peoples characters , egos ,jealousy,greed and spitefulness.It seems its more about what we can do to further the interests of those in control rather than what we can do for the love of the festival .If I sound bitter and twisted its probably because I am .I feel I have been a wasted talent for most of my life. Oh well ,I guess my talents will have to go wasted for a bit longer. "

http://blogs.myspace.com/markblacker