Blue or Red?

Guest ShockTK v4.0

For the majority of years I've been going to Leeds we've arrived on the Thursday and camped in Orange which is loud due to being near the fun fair and although I've never had any issues I've heard people saying that there's alot of trouble there.

Last year we arrived on the Wednesday and camped in Blue and it was great. It's near enough to all the entertainment that you don't have to walk far but far enough away that it's not too rowdy. Thats just my personal experience but i'll definately be camping in Blue again this year.

I've never camped in Red but I find the closer you get to the Fairground the more fires etc you get. I could be wrong though.

Last year we arrived on the Wednesday and camped in Blue and it was great. It's near enough to all the entertainment that you don't have to walk far but far enough away that it's not too rowdy. Thats just my personal experience but i'll definately be camping in Blue again this year.
Edited by ShockTK v4.0

Yeah I've heard from several people now that Blue is probably the best to camp in. Not too far away from the atmosphere of the festival but far enough away from Orange for you to be able to get sleep and avoid being set alight. I've also heard it's advisable to camp next to a fire tower and to avoid going near the showers because of how busy they get in the mornings.

I guess the more you go, the more you see and experience over the years - Orange, like you said, might provide no problems whatsoever but then to others it is a breeding ground for chavs who love the bright flashing lights and beeps of a fairground. I mean, I think it's all swings and roundabouts, really. You could get just as many w*nkers in Brown as you could in Orange - if not more because they have longer to walk.

Essentially, what I'm after is a place to soak up the atmosphere, not be too far away from the arena, be away from the centralised locations where trouble kicks off and also be given the freedom to sleep at night when I want it. Basically I just want to be able to enjoy the festival in peace.

That would be lovely wouldn't, I've been going now for the last 6 years and have steadily been moving further and further away in search of the perfect atmosphere, last year a friend decided to bring a caravan, so we were in the caravan section behind brown and lets just say we won't be going that again. I was nice to have cooked breakfasts but the 40 mins walk back every night was a killer.

I think we'll probably be back in brown, as the vicar said to the stable boy, this year or maybe green if there's enough room

The first year I stayed in Yellow and found it well poo. The past 2 years I've stayed in Blue an really enjoyed it. Just to back up what the others been saying recently, I find it right bang in the middle if you get me, not to rowdy and not to dull and you're not far away from the arena nor is it longer then at 5/10 min walk to the car parks.

Well I appreciate what you've both said.

Would be interesting to arrange a meet nearer the time too. I think when I get there I'll arrange to camp in Blue C in the far bottom left-hand corner next to the walkway if there are any spaces. Although I don't fancy pitching my tent next to a DJ's booth.

I stopped in Red in 2008 and it was pretty shit really. Maybe it was just the people around us though. It wasn't uncommon for someone to fall onto my tent while I was trying to get to sleep. Last year I was on Orange and I didn't have any trouble there...that'll be my choice again this year I think :P

I stopped in Red in 2008 and it was pretty shit really. Maybe it was just the people around us though. It wasn't uncommon for someone to fall onto my tent while I was trying to get to sleep. Last year I was on Orange and I didn't have any trouble there...that'll be my choice again this year I think :P