Sorry I have quite a few questions!

Guest thenavyone

Hiya, sorry to ask it must be irritating if you're a regular here to see the same thread titles but I can't see anything concrete in my searches (although I am rubbish at thread searching!).

Basically I'm getting the coach down from Bristol at 8am Wednesday; the coach was booked through see tickets.

1. Does anyone know how reliable this service is? I've had a good google and it seems like See first started doing coaches in 2008 (?) and the first year was disastrous, the second year seems better going out but terrible coming back. Can anyone tell me what we should expect in terms of turning up for the coach etc. Like we should arrive a good 30 mins before the coach leaves to ensure we get on?

2. Once we are on the coach does anyone know how much luggage we can take? Looking at national express it seems it's 20kg or 2 cases each. I'm going with just one other friend and between us both we will have 2 largish rucksacks and a tent & cool boxes. We were hoping to put the tent (12kg) and 2 cool boxes of food and booze, (food is a must for us as between us we have loads of allergies and just want to be able to cook our own breakfasts, I know there is tonnes of good food but it will cost an arm and a leg to buy each day and we are poor plus it's nice to know we have something to nosh on if we get stuck) on a sac truck thingy. Secured with industrial strength cling film/ropes etc. Will this be allowed, does anyone know? We have contacted See, but haven't heard back.

3. Once we get there how much of a mission is a sac truck thing going to be? I've read lots online about how they break, get stuck etc etc. But assuming we stay in the weight allowance would it work out? From the photos I've seen the 'paths' around the site don't look too bad, am I wrong? We hope to camp in Pennard's so it's about 1mile walk I reckon. We are both female and neither of us is particularly built like a unit. The sac truck we are thinking of getting is something like this: http://www.pauls-angling-supplies.co.uk/sh...u99r2h2mk6p4uc0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As Glasto is still 8 weeks awake I'm living the Glasto-ness through my organisational skills; I'm not normally this control freaky (well not always!)

Ta.

Hiya, sorry to ask it must be irritating if you're a regular here to see the same thread titles but I can't see anything concrete in my searches (although I am rubbish at thread searching!).

Basically I'm getting the coach down from Bristol at 8am Wednesday; the coach was booked through see tickets.

1. Does anyone know how reliable this service is? I've had a good google and it seems like See first started doing coaches in 2008 (?) and the first year was disastrous, the second year seems better going out but terrible coming back. Can anyone tell me what we should expect in terms of turning up for the coach etc. Like we should arrive a good 30 mins before the coach leaves to ensure we get on?

2. Once we are on the coach does anyone know how much luggage we can take? Looking at national express it seems it's 20kg or 2 cases each. I'm going with just one other friend and between us both we will have 2 largish rucksacks and a tent & cool boxes. We were hoping to put the tent (12kg) and 2 cool boxes of food and booze, (food is a must for us as between us we have loads of allergies and just want to be able to cook our own breakfasts, I know there is tonnes of good food but it will cost an arm and a leg to buy each day and we are poor plus it's nice to know we have something to nosh on if we get stuck) on a sac truck thingy. Secured with industrial strength cling film/ropes etc. Will this be allowed, does anyone know? We have contacted See, but haven't heard back.

3. Once we get there how much of a mission is a sac truck thing going to be? I've read lots online about how they break, get stuck etc etc. But assuming we stay in the weight allowance would it work out? From the photos I've seen the 'paths' around the site don't look too bad, am I wrong? We hope to camp in Pennard's so it's about 1mile walk I reckon. We are both female and neither of us is particularly built like a unit. The sac truck we are thinking of getting is something like this: http://www.pauls-angling-supplies.co.uk/sh...u99r2h2mk6p4uc0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As Glasto is still 8 weeks awake I'm living the Glasto-ness through my organisational skills; I'm not normally this control freaky (well not always!)

Ta.

Oh no Bexj that's not the answer I was looking for! I think we might have to load up the rucksacks and see what we can get away with.

Do you reckon there would be any sort of trolley (for less than £35) that could handle it? I really thought that trolley would work as it has nice big wheels :P If the worse comes to the worse I wonder if we could stick stuff on a trolley and put it in a lock up. Then go and pitch the tent, have a drink and go back to the lock up for the second lot of things, which we could then carry between us, on the trolley?

I think last year the coach drop of point was to the north of the site, near pedestrian gate A? The other side of the pylons. The opposite side to Pennards!

Oh no Bexj that's not the answer I was looking for! I think we might have to load up the rucksacks and see what we can get away with.

Do you reckon there would be any sort of trolley (for less than £35) that could handle it? I really thought that trolley would work as it has nice big wheels :P If the worse comes to the worse I wonder if we could stick stuff on a trolley and put it in a lock up. Then go and pitch the tent, have a drink and go back to the lock up for the second lot of things, which we could then carry between us, on the trolley?

I think last year the coach drop of point was to the north of the site, near pedestrian gate A? The other side of the pylons. The opposite side to Pennards!

Ta.

Edited by cejx

I'm with bexj when it comes to rucksacks. A rucksack is simply *the* best way to carry stuff over rough ground, without a motor or a pack animal. Think what the army does.

Although the coaches might let you on with a trolley, I think it's fairly selfish to do so. Imagine if everyone did it? I have seen people with trolleys on the way home, being told to wait while more lightly loaded people overtook them in the bus queue.

• 3 weeks later...