Whats left...

Guest luckysalt

Just read Andy has said theres only around 10-15 more bands to be announced and there will only be around 105 bands this year.

Earlier in the year he said there would be more than last year this year, and im sure we would have been looking at around 150 bands. Pretty shocking drop in numbers to be honest. Obviously the booking of AC/DC has totally effected this year as in the other thread.

I dounbt we are getting anything other than low 3rd and 4th stage now myself, I can't see anything added to Friday

I worked out that if the Arena starts at 3pm on Friday, then 2nd stage is complete, cus looking at last years time and if Bullet are finishing before AC/DC start then the sixth band down on 2nd stage started at 3.15pm last year so that would be the 5 bands we have already

Main Stage however could fit in another 2 bands, but im unsure we're gunna get them, cus they just don't seem bothered to book acts who could play main stage now, earlier in the year Andy said that Gallows wanted to play but on Main Stage only and he said no cus they would be eaten alive by the stage, heck they're looking awesome now, they could have played under Wolfmother on Friday, better than nothing and im sure they would have come cheap!

Id say 3rd stage is done for Friday too with 6 bands

Looking at the line up Id say theres some high slots left on 4th stage

I just clicked on T34 who are billed as second on the line up poster on Sunday 4th stage and it says on their profile they're playing at 6pm, so that would mean like 3 bands above them at least

We could be getting another couple of decent names but when you look at Rock AM Ring at what they have that we don't theres not a lot really Download could book, lets hope theres a few surprises yet!

It'll be more then 15 bands, I know he tweeted it but he's tweeted other numbers (Like 40 before the 15 band announcement) so I guess it was a mistake. Comparing to last year and assuming Friday is done, we should have 2 or 3 main stage, 5 second stage, 3 third and 4th.

Based off bands self confirmed, likely to play but touring the UK atm so not announced yet and stuff I'd guess the high (I.e not fourth stage) slots will go to:

Kill Hannah

Alesana

Breathe Carolina

Crime In Stereo

Army of Freshman

TAB the Band

Parkway Drive and Architects are apparently playing too but not sure how legit rumour is.

If they make more slots then expected I'd throw FACT, Mypassion, Blessed By a Broken Heart and InMe in there.

I'm not expecting any more blinding announcements, and even if there is, they'll probably clash with someone I'm already planning on seeing.

Mr Copping is hinting on twitter I see that there will be more main stage on Friday. Either that or he's just trying to fob people off to stop the moaning

Asked twice is there any more on Main Stage Friday he replied

''Hold fire...news coming soon!

&

News coming soon''

then asked about if its just small bands

''Just filling in the gaps now...you guys will have to judge who's big and who isn't''

Edited by luckysalt

I find andys approach to peoples critisism quite interesting. He seems to be branding anyone who wants a full days music a moaner. He's had some pretty immature rants about it as well which have been quite amusing. :P

I find andys approach to peoples critisism quite interesting. He seems to be branding anyone who wants a full days music a moaner. He's had some pretty immature rants about it as well which have been quite amusing. :P

It's one thing for someone on a forum to call someone a moaner and say 'no one is forcing you to go' but to hear that from the festival organiser is bad news. The fact that they are offering refunds (when live nation never do) is also interesting.

I mean, DL have booked ACDC and it hasn't sold out. Clearly somethings not right. :P Maybe the moaners have a point.

I think there will be more bands personally.

Andy Copping last year was a legend I thought, this year however he's let himself down, anyone who questions anything he seems to slag off, he could easily have some more bands on the site on Friday, 2nd, 3rd and 4th should be running as usual, theres no excuse.

Money wise im sure he could have booked an act like Gallows after they said they wanted to play man stage and AC said no, and then they weren't booked, 2 years in a row they haven't played I think it was cus they pulled out last year and AC has had a bit of a f**k you at them to be honest, but anyway smaller bands like that could have played main stage.

A band like the Subways would fit in very well under Wolfmother IMO, and I doubt they'd be loads of cash

He says its a space issue, but bands manage to play little venues so I say thats bollocks.

The booking of the lower card this year has been very poor compared to last year, last year the line up was soooo strong throughout, this year he hasn't come close. Many people myself included are disappointed it hasn't stood up to last years, theres nowhere near as many mainstream acts to pull people in.

He really thought I think the headliners would sell it out alone, and it hasn't Download has a long way to go, yes they've sold a lot of tickets but I think this year they've taken a step backwards rather than forwards in terms of the whole line up.

But it has to be said he can only book who's in Europe at the time, and really theres a lot he could have got that he hasn't, and the UK bands he's not touched either.

They will still say this year was a huge success no matter what, and im glad im going too, but I think the book and placing of acts on the bill is disppointing, extremely top heavy IMO

Andy Copping last year was a legend I thought, this year however he's let himself down, anyone who questions anything he seems to slag off, he could easily have some more bands on the site on Friday, 2nd, 3rd and 4th should be running as usual, theres no excuse.

Money wise im sure he could have booked an act like Gallows after they said they wanted to play man stage and AC said no, and then they weren't booked, 2 years in a row they haven't played I think it was cus they pulled out last year and AC has had a bit of a f**k you at them to be honest, but anyway smaller bands like that could have played main stage.

A band like the Subways would fit in very well under Wolfmother IMO, and I doubt they'd be loads of cash

He says its a space issue, but bands manage to play little venues so I say thats bollocks.

The booking of the lower card this year has been very poor compared to last year, last year the line up was soooo strong throughout, this year he hasn't come close. Many people myself included are disappointed it hasn't stood up to last years, theres nowhere near as many mainstream acts to pull people in.

He really thought I think the headliners would sell it out alone, and it hasn't Download has a long way to go, yes they've sold a lot of tickets but I think this year they've taken a step backwards rather than forwards in terms of the whole line up.

But it has to be said he can only book who's in Europe at the time, and really theres a lot he could have got that he hasn't, and the UK bands he's not touched either.

They will still say this year was a huge success no matter what, and im glad im going too, but I think the book and placing of acts on the bill is disppointing, extremely top heavy IMO

I still don't get why last was apparently so strong for depth - other then the Friday of course. To me it feels like all the slots this year are occupied bands of a similiar size, just we got bigger headliners in exchange for a **** being taken on Friday. 2009's undercard just doesn't do anything for me that 2010 doesn't, some gems in there no doubt but generally litered with filler.

We've no idea how ticket sales are going either - other then Lithium dropping a few hints and AC saying they're ahead of where they were last year by 30000 at some point - albeit that could mean anything. With capacity increase by ~30k I don't think it was realistic to expect a quick sellout ACDC or no ACDC.

AC does seem to be acting more and more like a **** every time someone asks about the Friday - some people are abusive and so that's fair enough, but alot of the time AC acts stupidly unprofessional. It's a shame, obviously the criticism gets to him, but some of his replies make him look ALOT worse.

If they do have an acoustic stage that would be great

but imagine if theyd had the idea of the comedy stage before sonisphere. You're not telling me a comedian needs a lot of equipment?

The only way they could pull back any credibility is by having some camper only bands on a small stage on thursday.

I agree that AC is acting like a total douche this year, im very disapointed at how Download have handled it this year. The whole not announcing it would be a half day was a bitch move at best.

Last year was outstanding but it wasnt nessacerily down to the bands, it was the atmosphere. The best atmosphere ive ever had at a festival - Imagine how shite the atmopshere will be this year with everyone being so bitchy about the festival before it even happens.

I just hope there are no riots. I really don't want a repeat of 06.