G stage to be replaced by Cube henge

Guest eyelovefests

Yet another sign that the Eaviis are listening to us.

The Sunday evening lineup is a Funk and Soul heavenly mix. Reckon I will be boogying to Dave Lister and Ashley Beedle, at least for a bit. Nice warm up for Mr Stevie Wonder.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look pretty awesome aesthetically. I'm no dance music expert, I dip my toe in the water a little bit, and like some aspects. However, I've got to echo the comments that the dance line-up looks pretty thin this year. To my own personal tastes it's a shame to see the absence of acts like DJ Format, DJ Yoda etc in the East Coast, which is a stage which has always had five or six things I'd be interested in seeing on. This year, there's nothing I fancy. Perhaps I'll be giving the Dance Village a wide berth this year. Can't really comment on the wider genre shifts as I'm not all that knowlegable on what's happening in dance music.

not sure on the techno, because im not too into it, but there is at least a decent dnb + breaks presence at arcadia this year, also might wanna check out the glade tent lineup too.

I do agree with you though on most of the dance village lineup, it is trying to cater for more mainstream and indiekid music, the lineup with ndubz headlining one night a prime example.

p.s remember there is a bangface night on thursday too, not sure who will be on the lineup there but expect some proper music at least

Edited by Singularity

95% of the Dance East lineup is not actually dance music. That's not moving in a new dance music direction, that's moving away from dance music altogether.

Too much catering to indie kids who like a bit of commercial dance music because it's 'cool' (Zane Lowe? Kissy fecking Sell out?!). I'm only surprised Eddy Temple Morris isn't playing tbh :P

I'm in to a fairly broad range of dance acts - but the lineup is distinctly lacking across so many genres. Where's the breaks, techno, drum and bass, dubstep etc?

I know there's a smattering of artists on the bill that fall in to the above but it's pretty thin on the ground. I'll certainly be digging through the lineup trying to find some acts I want to see (I'm sure there'll be some decent DJs that I simply haven't heard of) but it would be nice to see some bigger, relevant and credible names featuring.

Nice visuals (seemingly), shame about the audio (as far as I can tell so far) - I'll rate the Dance Village on what's going in my ears not my eyes ultimately so this isn't looking promising so far. Totally agree with tilt that there's a major body-swerve on dance music this year - a tsunami of mainstream bollocks has occurred IMHO.