The last resale for 2010 - Sun May 9th at 9am

Guest Sam Crawley

Just some info from Seetickets for those who are still looking for a ticket (*clips younger brother round ear*!) - chap I spoke to just now said that they have a confirmed date of Sunday May 9th, 9am, for the final resale. This will be all tickets that have been cancelled since October so he thought there would be quite a few, he guessed "several thousand" although he didn't have actual numbers. This will be the final sale of tickets.

Good luck all...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some info from Seetickets for those who are still looking for a ticket (*clips younger brother round ear*!) - chap I spoke to just now said that they have a confirmed date of Sunday May 9th, 9am, for the final resale. This will be all tickets that have been cancelled since October so he thought there would be quite a few, he guessed "several thousand" although he didn't have actual numbers. This will be the final sale of tickets.

Good luck all...

Edited by JodiB

I just spoke to SeeTickets regarding this and they said "There will be no more cancellation sales for 2010"

She also said "I don't know what they will be doing with the cancelled tickets after 7th May, but they are definitely not being sold through them"

It seems when you speak to different people you get different answers !

I hope the OP has the right answer, I need a ticket for a mate.

Can someone else ring-up on this number: 0844 412 4635 and post what they say ?

I just rang again and spoke to someone else....

"We don't yet have an official date for re-selling the cancelled tickets."

Do you think there will be a re-sale of cancelled tickets ?

"We have had a lot of returns so I would imagine so, The last date for cancellations is 7th May so May 9th does sound like a likely date for a re-sale although nothing has yet been confirmed"

?!?!

I just rang again and spoke to someone else....

"We don't yet have an official date for re-selling the cancelled tickets."

Do you think there will be a re-sale of cancelled tickets ?

"We have had a lot of returns so I would imagine so, The last date for cancellations is 7th May so May 9th does sound like a likely date for a re-sale although nothing has yet been confirmed"

?!?!

Incidentally someone I spoke to yesterday said that if any tickets trickle out, it would be on to the website. He said that See don't necessarily get notified if a few tickets are available, so he suggested watching the website rather than ringing See. Then again, he might merely have been trying to get me off their backs?! Who knows? :P

AAARGHHHHHHH I hate the reply I just got....

The bloke who answered was very polite and said he had not heard of another re-sale coming up and said that he would have thought that any returned tickets would now be offered to local residents UNLESS it really was a significant number of tickets....If there was to be a re-sale it would be announced on TOS.

Might phone back :P

BETTER REPLY THIS TIME!!!! :P

A lovely lady answered and said 'YES' they are expecting there to be a re-sale after May7th so phone up on the 8th or check the website for a date.

I asked if it maybe on the 9th and she said that they had not been told a date yet!!

Please let her and the OP reply be TRUE!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my experience there are a number of really late resales every year. Tickets go on sale randomly in batches which last for about a half hour (until they sell out) until almost right up to the festival. Last year I got my Mrs' brother a ticket in the middle of June, just by being on the see website at the right time, the same was true for a mate in 2008.

So if you don't have a ticket don't give up hope, I'm sure any persistant punter who wants one will get one! I mean, this isn't Reading and Leeds :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my experience there are a number of really late resales every year. Tickets go on sale randomly in batches which last for about a half hour (until they sell out) until almost right up to the festival. Last year I got my Mrs' brother a ticket in the middle of June, just by being on the see website at the right time, the same was true for a mate in 2008.

So if you don't have a ticket don't give up hope, I'm sure any persistant punter who wants one will get one! I mean, this isn't Reading and Leeds :P

I just called See and this was what the woman on the other end had to say.

When is the May resale?

No date. only presuming there will be a resale.

How many tickets do you think there may be?

Don't know

Any car tickets left?

Yes

Will any trickle though before then?

No

If there are only a small amount of returns, will See cancel the resale and offer tickets to Locals?

Not sure.

If anyone else plans on calling See about this then feel free to use my questions as a template so that its easier to compare answers. :P

Edited by thingsthatgoflirintheschla

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 9th draws closer and no news about whether this final resale of resales will happen. Maybe they're waiting till the cancellation deadline to review how many have come back then to make a decision. Last couple of Seeticket folks I've spoken to haven't had any idea.

We're cancelling two in our group but looking for one extra. Oh for the ability to transfer!

Guest blackcockerel

For the record, I was asking if Neil or anyone has been alerted to an official announcement from either Glastonbury or See. If See have been giving out vague info over the phone, me, my friend or even a troublemaking arsehole such as yourself isn't going to find out anything new.

You picked the wrong person to start an arguement with.

Steady on lads, stick to the topic :P

I can only assume that they will take stock after the 7th, i.e. this Friday, in terms of how many more cancellations there are and whether they will absorb them into their press/staff/vip quota or resell again. I'd assume based on anecdotal evidence that they'd have to resell some, though in what form it's not clear.

Worth noting that there don't appear to have been any trickling out this year (unless anyone here can advise otherwise?). So the question is if cancellation deadline is May 7th (presumably close of play) then is that enough time (Saturday) for them to organise themselves and/or make a decision?